SoftXpand Duo. How does it works ?

Black_Maze

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
Like when you turn off/on the first Workstation, does the second Workstation gets turned off/on too ?
The turn on and turn off part is my main confusion.
How does this whole thing works, I don't understand...

Draknem

Estimable
May 26, 2014
the program seems to emulate remote connection to the desktop (no shutdown button in the start menu) so i suppose you can shut down the pc only from one of the console sessions (using shutdown -s -t 1 will shut the pc down of course).

Black_Maze

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013

I thought : there is a main PC, and there's secondary PC. If you turn off the secondary PC, nothing will happen to main PC and if you turn off the main PC, secondary PC shuts down too.

So is there any way to make the turn off functions of main and secondary PC separate ?
Because what I'm looking for is, separate user with totally independant controls.

Draknem

Estimable
May 26, 2014

Sry, looks like you dont get the way it works quite well.
http://www.miniframe.com/products/softxpand-2011-duo.html#
You plug 2, 3 or 4 monitors into a single workstation and get 4 virtual pcs. I can not imagine them switching on and off separately. You can only log off one of them.

Black_Maze

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013

So if I log off one of them, only that virtual PC with power down. And if I shut down one of them, all the virtual PCs will power down ?

Do you know any other multiseat software that has separate turn on and off for each vitual PC ?