Some Apps missing on Samsung Galaxy Star Pro Duos GT S-7262 ????

maktovic

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
I found some apps missing on my phone like Music player(it only has google play music which is not good as music player found in samsungs smartphone)and stock Internet Browser.Also it has Wifi Direct but there is no option of file sharing via Wfi Direct in Sharing options.All these features are present in Galaxy Star which has same software as in mine Galaxy Star Pro.
When i put my Phone in recovery mode,below the options of reboot phone,wipe cache,etc.there are few lines written in red colour font and one of the line states that image loading error,etc.
My question is there someone with this phone facing same problem??
Also I wanna know that will installing new OS from samsung-updates.com will solve my problem??

Solution
its not whether you can or cannot install your OS, its about Shareware Software that they have for installing your OS for free(if in warranty). The software we use to update our phone is Freeware which is not as good as theirs. I hope it will be fixed there :)

maktovic

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
I know how to install OS and i have done it twice.Once on S3 and once on galaxy R.My question is will installing new OS solve my problem????
Also the sevice centre people are asking to keep my phone for atleast 2 days to them which i cant afford because i am always in need of it.And I bought this phone about 2 months ago

brarboy

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
its not whether you can or cannot install your OS, its about Shareware Software that they have for installing your OS for free(if in warranty). The software we use to update our phone is Freeware which is not as good as theirs. I hope it will be fixed there :)

Solution

Ravi Gagan

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
I have solution but you need to root your phone
Copy the missing apps from any other galaxy mobile and place them in system>apps>--- and set required permissions. To set the permissions see other system app's permission. all apps have same permissions(read,write, execute)
reboot the phone. YOU WILL GET THOSE MISSING APPS AS SYSTEM APPS
Note- use Root Explorer for the task

brarboy

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014

Go to play store> My apps> check for superuser app in that. You won't get rid of that even after software update once you root the phone. Yet not everyone can be always lucky like you got your phone repaired :D

Ravi Gagan

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014

dude if you will update your phone it ll be automatically get unroot as 'su' file hat roots the mobile is deleted from the system
If you will flash stock rom over rooted rom then also it will get unroot

sandals100

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014

Its very unlikely but if you wanted to be sure a complete factory reset would be your best bet.
Alot of samsung devices have a flash counter that is designed to count the number of times a custom ROM has been flashed, however this is normally by passed anyway (and infact can be reset). As long as you have achieved a COMPLETE un-root of the phone you should be in the all clear.

brarboy

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014

i know it would un-root your phone but you aren't getting rid of 'su' icon in your phone's market which will be shown as an option that hasn't been installed but it keeps showing up there(atleast, hasn't got out of my phone's market after number of custom ROM installation and then again back to stock ROM and it was always there)

brarboy

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014

i hope factory reset does some magic by taking off the uninstalled superuser app from market in my apps :D
and thanks for contributing :)

brarboy

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
yeah i know factory reset won't change anything for rooted device. i had to go to back to official i had battery draining issues and lagging problem with most of the custom roms.