Some DROID 2 Users Experiencing Signal Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbrigido

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2008
Got mine a few days ago. I haven't been able to produce a signal problem similar to the iPhone 4...but then again I don't own Apple products so I wouldn't know how to about recreating the issue.

It's been a great phone so far.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Is this going to be antennagate 2.0?
That depends on Motorolla's response. If there is a problem, and they admit it in a press release (and not some self glorifying promotional event), and they don't mention Apple's problems, then NO, there will be no second antennagate.

If, instead, they respond like petulant children, blaming customers and reviewers for holding it wrong, tattle on all their friends because they do it to (with sketchy YouTube videos), and in the end, give away $1 worth of plastic cases that they, mysteriously, never bothered selling BEFORE they released the Droid 2, but that magically correct the problem and initially retailed for $29.99, then yes, this will be every bit as bad.

Somehow though, I don't see Motorolla responding like Apple. They just don't have someone with the same messiah complex that allowed Steve Jobs to pull it off with such conviction in the eyes of the apple fans. Motorolla customers would drop them in a heartbeat.

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
sounds to me like the inverse of apples "software" issue, their leveling system is probably too sensitive hence the noticable fluxuations in the signal strength. This article doesnt really say anything about people getting zero signal like what happens with the iphone.

Someguyperson

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
You do know Verizon is moving their towers to LTE compatible ones right now. I experienced extremely low signal a week or two ago for a day or two and then it went back to normal. They are probably relying on the minimum amount of towers they can so that they can roll out LTE as quickly as possible.

G

I had a Droid X that would not work at all with WiFi. Had to take it back. Maybe the Droid 2 has a similar problem.

snotling

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]That depends on Motorolla's response. If there is a problem, and they admit it in a press release (and not some self glorifying promotional event), and they don't mention Apple's problems, then NO, there will be no second antennagate.If, instead, they respond like petulant children, blaming customers and reviewers for holding it wrong, tattle on all their friends because they do it to (with sketchy YouTube videos), and in the end, give away $1 worth of plastic cases that they, mysteriously, never bothered selling BEFORE they released the Droid 2, but that magically correct the problem and initially retailed for $29.99, then yes, this will be every bit as bad.Somehow though, I don't see Motorolla responding like Apple. They just don't have someone with the same messiah complex that allowed Steve Jobs to pull it off with such conviction in the eyes of the apple fans. Motorolla customers would drop them in a heartbeat.[/citation]
Motorola will most likely do nothing, say nothing and take the returns like they did with all their defective products in the past (I'm not saying all their products were defective but there was too many to enumerate in the cell phone department alone circa 2004-2008), they are just not the type to show off and draw attention to their failures, even more so that they are just recovering from an "almost bankrupt experience".(remember those phones from 2004-2008?)

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
[citation][nom]bobusboy[/nom]sounds to me like the inverse of apples "software" issue, their leveling system is probably too sensitive hence the noticable fluxuations in the signal strength. This article doesnt really say anything about people getting zero signal like what happens with the iphone.[/citation]

I second this, if they aren't showing the calls actually getting interrupted or dropped then it's a simple software issue. People are suspicious after the first "Antennagate" and willing to jump to conclusions. Most of the "signal bars" are made to manipulate consumer opinion of the signal to begin with.
Where's the antenna on the phone actually located, near where the user's hand usually is?

G

So Apple was right when they stated that all phones suffer this loss of signal issue. Cracks me up the shills that write anti Apple propoganda. Now the faggots get a taste of their own medicines. Lemmings suck.

G

Yup I'm here in Northeast Ohio. and the Signal Sucks on my D2 and the battery really sucks..... Time to pull back out my HTC Eris

Lennies

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008
"They better consult the iPhone 4 engineering department for a proper fix."

Those guys *are* looking for work.

Lennies

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008
"They better consult the iPhone 4 engineering department for a proper fix."

Those guys *are* looking for work.

pereirdp

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
hahahahahahha. I recall these forums dripping with condescension when Apple's issues were at the forefront. Now, it's rather muted here. Hmmm...the hypocrisy of it all.

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
What problems?

Fix inc.

There is no problem.

no problem still but heres a rubber band to stretch around your phone for free!

I'm really good at acting like steve jobs!

Status
Not open for further replies.