Some Keys Of My Laptop Suddenly STOPPED WORKING. PLs HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Maninderdeep Singh

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
So yesterday night everything was fine but today after coming from school i turned on my laptop. II found some keys of the keyboard are not working. The keys are Esc. F1, F3, F5, F7, F8,F12 (dont know about F10), [ , 0, Left Ctrl and some else i dont know. Some keys like Caps Lock , Num 0, Num 2, Num . , Num Enter were already not working but those are not that big of problem. But nw these are problem . Its Little weird most them are function keys , From actual writing keyboard ist only [ . I remember properly nothing has been spilled on it. i feel no debris stuck in there when i press these keys.
Things i Tried....
Rebooting Pc several times
Uninstalling drivers and rebooting several times.
System restore Utility which failed everytime.... i tried like 3-4 times.
I beleive it could be some kind of software problem cause it stopped suddenly and most of function keys are not working. but i am novice So i need ur help guyss.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am using a Sony Laptop
Os Windows 8
i tried an external keyboard everything works fine..
Num 2 and num . started working later by booting safe mode but others didnt.

Solution

Maninderdeep Singh

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017

Its a laptop and i dont know anything about how to open it ..... i hv seen some videos and in those videos the keyboard comes all the way after removing all components So i am kinda afraid . And taking it to an expert is the last thing i could ..just wanted to know if its any thing software related because everything happened suddenly, No spilling,no drop, no window reinstallation , no new software , all of a sudden :/

Ok, what is the model of Sony laptop you have?
I would not have said it was a software issue at this point as the majority of the keyboard is working, and the keys that are not seem to be in rough groups.

Maninderdeep Singh

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017

I have Sony Vaio Fit 15-E Series
Model No. SVF15213SNW

Yes, the keyboard of this model is a sod to remove as it is not designed to be taken out! But you can still check the ribbon cable is in place correctly. Follow the steps to remove the back of the laptop and check the blue ended ribbon cable that is plugged into the side of the motherboard.

If you feel you are not competent with doing this, you may have to take it to a repair centre.

Good luck man..

Solution

Maninderdeep Singh

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017

Thanks man i really appreciate your help ...
Can you provide me the link or photo from where i can see what it actually looks like? I may give it a try then