some keys suddenly stop working

Tomas_1

Estimable
Sep 3, 2015
last day i was working with computer as usual, when suddenly something weird started to happen, i noticed that TAB button started to be triggered, because i noticed that different parts of a program started to be hovered. i restarted my computer, but it didn't help. i couldn't even type windows user password, because enter key gets triggered multiple times in a short amount of time. I thought about the viruses, so when for some reason, that enter button pressing stopped, I managed to get in and go to the safe mode, I scanned pc for malware and viruses, found some of them. deleted, then after restart, everything was fine, but now some buttons, such as LEFT SHIFT doesn't work. and for example when i press 2, i get 742. i tried to connect usb keyboard, and it works just fine. what i want to ask, is it still could be some kind of virus? my drivers are up to date, according to a driver booster, im not sure whether is it safe to use this pc anymore.

Solution
Well, if nothing has been spilled on the device, or dropped on the keys, I would try the following and see if it fixes the problem.

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (yes, without installing a new driver).
3. When the computer restarts it should reinstall a driver on its own.

Plus, I would run some more checks for viruses, malware, etc. Just to be sure. Use more than one checking program.

Well, if nothing has been spilled on the device, or dropped on the keys, I would try the following and see if it fixes the problem.

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (yes, without installing a new driver).
3. When the computer restarts it should reinstall a driver on its own.

Plus, I would run some more checks for viruses, malware, etc. Just to be sure. Use more than one checking program.

Solution