SOME of the pics/movies on my SD card are not seen on the computer, while others of the same file type are there.

Jul 14, 2018
Some of the pics and videos on my SD card are not seen on the computer, while others of the same file type are. I had imported most of the stills into Picasa for editing, but the movies didn't import, as I expected, with my outdated Picasa. (I usually just copy those manually into another folder.)

However, after importing the stills into the folder used for Picasa, about 1/4 of the stills and some of the videos are now not visible at all in the SD card, when viewed on my computer or my husband's. The pics and videos at the beginning are just gone, unless you show them in the camera. I was able to save the pics and one video from the SD card back to the camera (a few at a time), and then save them onto another SD card, but a few of the videos are too long for my camera memory, even when everything else is removed. Any advice?

Solution
Instead of pulling the card out and inserting it into the computer, have you tried just connecting the camera with the card in it to the computer and moving things that way? That is the best way to do it.

The more you remove and reinsert a card into any device (or devices) the more likely you are to damage not only the card, but also the device(s). So while they are removable, it is really best to do so rarely and also very carefully.

WKIRBY

Estimable
Oct 21, 2015
Try a larger SD card and get a cheap SD card reader (usb interface) that you can plug in to your computer. Then you should be able to manage the files better.

Instead of pulling the card out and inserting it into the computer, have you tried just connecting the camera with the card in it to the computer and moving things that way? That is the best way to do it.

The more you remove and reinsert a card into any device (or devices) the more likely you are to damage not only the card, but also the device(s). So while they are removable, it is really best to do so rarely and also very carefully.

Solution