Somewhat of a fail.

KasparsN

Estimable
Mar 8, 2015
Hello everyone, I'm seeking for help on a problem that I've made on my laptop. I use a benq monitor to play games etc. and recently my monitor didn't work when I plugged it to my laptop (dunno why) and also when I tried to play something it said I have to update my video card (even though I did). So, when I checked on personalization on my resolution and monitor, it said I was using some non-pnp generic monitor or something and couldn't change to my laptop monitor. I had the option of some 'multi display' if I'm correct that It was written like that, I clicked it and applied and now can't see anything, each time I turn on my pc I see the loading screen and when I need to log in I can't see. I tried plugging a different monitor but didn't change anything.
help please.

KasparsN

Estimable
Mar 8, 2015

how do I go into bios?

clayofthe757

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014

Press DELETE rapidly as the computer powers on. If not DELETE, then F2, F8, F10, or F12. Try each until the BIOS appears.

KasparsN

Estimable
Mar 8, 2015

I got into bios but it says nothing of 'safe boot' or whatever it was. safe mode

KasparsN

Estimable
Mar 8, 2015
at the top of boot setup it says 'main/advanced/boot/security/save&exit but i checked them and don't see anyway of changing my settings of my monitor. Or at least reinstalling my windows or going safe mode etc.

clayofthe757

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
Belay everything I've written. Look on the manufacturer's website for a manual. Most laptops have a function key to switch between integrated and external monitors. Find out if that's the case. If not you should reset the BIOS to 'OPTIMIZED DEFAULTS' or 'FACTORY DEFAULT'. But since you can see the bios one must assume that the problem lies within the drivers or windows itself. Is there a great deal of data that you fear to lose? If not you can boot with windows disc or recovery disc and that will solve everything.

Still wishing you luck.

KasparsN

Estimable
Mar 8, 2015

I don't care about my files but in the bios utility window it doesn't show that I can change anything...
It looks a bit like this
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19269-01/820-5830-13/figures/app_bios-7.jpg
just got that pic from internet. but I don't have that chipset thing at the top.

KasparsN

Estimable
Mar 8, 2015

It doesn't show anything about re-installing. The image link I replied with earlier is a bit like what I'm seeing.

bishopi5

Honorable
Dec 12, 2012
Yeah at the end where EXIT is it should say load defaults, or something similar, load defaults and save and exit, if screen still no show, figure out which button switches between screens, as all laptops have this

KasparsN

Estimable
Mar 8, 2015

nothing changes anyway.
Is there anyway for me to reinstall windows?

bishopi5

Honorable
Dec 12, 2012
yes there is, since your able to get into BIOS, all you need to do is make a bootable USB with windows on it, restart computer, enter bios, change the USB to the FIRST boot option, save changes and exit, windows will guide you through the rest, quite simple

TRENDING THREADS