Sony 5 disc CD changer problem

barriedavisd

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
I have a Sony CDP C435 5 disc changer which will not play discs in platters 1 and 2. It does not show these positions on the indicator panel, nor recognise them via the remote. The other 3 positions work perfectly. Any thoughts?

Solution
You might need to remove the tray and carousel from the changer and check to see if the identification tag under the carriage is not dirty or filled with grit...... under the sections where the 2 unidentifiable disc are put.
D

Deleted member 217926

Being these are $35 on ebay you could just buy a new ( used ) one because I really doubt it's still in warranty. It's probably what? An early to mid 1990s model? If so you got your moneys worth out of it.

barriedavisd

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014

Unfortunately I'm in Australia. The cost of freight of another unit is several times the purchase price. Also I'm not sure if a US model would operate on our power source. The 240 volt is probably OK but I'm not sure if the 50 Hz supply would be a problem. BTW I got this one second hand and I'm just trying to fix it.

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
You might need to remove the tray and carousel from the changer and check to see if the identification tag under the carriage is not dirty or filled with grit...... under the sections where the 2 unidentifiable disc are put.

Solution