Sony bravia XBR6 model KDL-52XBR6 picture goes black when the GUIDE button is hi

jal_99

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
sony bravia XBR6 tv model KDL-52XBR6 picture goes black when the button on the remote is pressed for the GUIDE. Sound is not affected. I did an autoscan of the channels but that did not work. Any suggestions or do I need a technician to change a part?

jcoultas98

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
Sounds to me like you don't have any channels. My XBR6 took 24 hours to download the whole guide. Try to reset the entire guide, and wait the 24 hours. if your cable company changed guide settings (mine did), you'll have to reset.

WaltA

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012
The XBR6 will show a status menu for TVGOS, not a black/blank screen, while waiting for its initial download.

I, too, have occasional weird problems with my XBR6's TVGOS. The only "fix" I have ever found, is to do a full factory reset of the TV in general. Then setup everything again, including setting up TVGOS again. Yea, getting all the settings back to what you had them, is frustrating.

IMHO, Sony needs to fix this in a firmware update. However, I am sure that the XBR6 is too old for Sony to bother. :sarcastic: