Sony Bringing PlayStation Games to Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I would think their second move would be to port some of their best PSP games to Android like the GTA series, most of us Android users own phones with enough juice to run these games, 600MHz compared to the PSP's 333MHz CPU, and every Android phone out there has at least 128MB of RAM and a GPU (not sure about Every Android phone and a GPU).

I guess it would be hard to play on a phone that has only one hardware button (us galaxy s users)

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]I guess it would be hard to play on a phone that has only one hardware button (us galaxy s users)[/citation]

Hmm can't edit on Tomsguide.. I meant 3 hardware buttons that can be given different functions

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Hmm can't edit on Tomsguide.. [/citation]
Try this. I've done it before.
1. Click Read the coments on the forums
2. Find your comment
3. Click the edit button and edit your comment and confirm the changes.

coldmast

Distinguished
May 8, 2007
Smart move by Sony, for the Playstation suite. At the same time selling a portable gaming platform... but will this device be more than just a portable gaming unit?

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Yes, very smart. Sony. Now move that to the PC/Console realm. Imagine having this emulator on the xbox... imagine having a ps2 emulator on the ps3...

jfby

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]Yes, very smart. Sony. Now move that to the PC/Console realm. Imagine having this emulator on the xbox... imagine having a ps2 emulator on the ps3...[/citation]

Sony should have actually just left the hardware in the PS3 to run PS2 games. Emulator would be fine, but I think they lost sales doing what they did.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
I know they have a PS1 emulator, but I would love to have a PSN app that keeps track of your friends, messages, etc. and you can link it to your PS3.

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
I'm a fairly new Android user and besides being a TOTALLY happy with it, i am now VERY excited about old PS games for mah phone! :D

Simple11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
JFBY, member how much the origianal PS3 cost? I for one didn't mind spending that much on it, hell I would have paid a grand for what you got with it. But with the fat boys, most of the heat came from the hardware to play PS/2 games. To cut costs, the emulation was taken out (a long with the 2 extra USB ports and SD card slots) plus this allowed to put up classic games for sale on the PSN to still generate some revenue. So really there was no loss in sales, plus it wasn't until later that PS3 sales skyrocketed at the smaller price.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
I said way back that mobile phones would become very popular as portable gaming systems, especially the iPhone/iPod/iPad since they have such a huge market share.

Every on Tom;s said it would never take off. Even Sony made their Marcus ads poking fun at playing games on a phone. Remember the line "that's for calling your grandma"?

Now Sony is entering the phone gaming market? And we've seen some good recent titles for the iPhone (like Rage).

Seems like my predictions were right all along.

Simple11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
The mobile market is a lucrative market. But you can't say that phone gaming is for the 'hardcore'. Playstation makes for the hardcore. When you see a Sony Farmville, then I will call sell-out

vertigo_2000

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]I said way back that mobile phones would become very popular as portable gaming systems, especially the iPhone/iPod/iPad since they have such a huge market share.Every on Tom;s said it would never take off. Even Sony made their Marcus ads poking fun at playing games on a phone. Remember the line "that's for calling your grandma"?Now Sony is entering the phone gaming market? And we've seen some good recent titles for the iPhone (like Rage).Seems like my predictions were right all along.[/citation]
Here's a cookie... now run along and let the grown ups chat.

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
You buy an iPhone, jailbreak it, get gpSPhone, and play GBA games illegally. For Android, get GameBoid. Now I'm not trying to promote illegal ROMs, but surely it's not impressive to see Sony bring PS games to Android. In fact, psx4iphone allows you to play PSOne games on the iPhone.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
[citation][nom]reprotected[/nom]You buy an iPhone, jailbreak it, get gpSPhone, and play GBA games illegally. For Android, get GameBoid. Now I'm not trying to promote illegal ROMs, but surely it's not impressive to see Sony bring PS games to Android. In fact, psx4iphone allows you to play PSOne games on the iPhone.[/citation]

So it's proof that the hardware is capable of running the software, so there's incentive for Sony to offer the same legally.

Status
Not open for further replies.