Sony Crackle Streaming Free Content to PS3, Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
Its not too bad for free, but the ads get annoying real fast. I saw the same commercial 3 times, and now I am definitely NOT going to see the movies it was advertising.

chick0n

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
Gotta love how spammers/bots just keep spamming when they KNOW no one buys their crap.

Anyway for the Sony, you can't complain much when its free.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]chick0n[/nom]Gotta love how spammers/bots just keep spamming when they KNOW no one buys their crap.Anyway for the Sony, you can't complain much when its free.[/citation]

I love it when they are the first comment posted.. A sign of things to come if Tom's doesn't figure out a way to ban them... :(

doped

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2006
[citation][nom]scuba dave[/nom]I love it when they are the first comment posted.. A sign of things to come if Tom's doesn't figure out a way to ban them...[/citation]
i really wouldn't be that hard. some captcha on signing up, plus registration email?!

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
The point reward system could be modified a bit so people get let's say 1 point for every comment they mark as spam, and if enough "votes" like that are on a comment, the comment gets hidden with "probable spam" result. Accounts able to vote like this need to be for example at least one month old, and the comments that are marked as spam from each account could be registered as to provide a "user reliability" factor, so that spammers can't mark the normal comments as spam and mess up as they did with thumbs up-down. Other than this also captcha for newcomers or for posting a second comment within 2 minutes might reduce spam some bit.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
All the latest TV shows in glorious HD, available just hours after release, worldwide from any TV network at an amazing price.

Just buy a pretty big hard drive and torrent them, you can even use your PC at work to remotely set off downloads on your machine at home and they will be waiting for you when you get home and even better you can pipe them directly to your big ass TV via a good DLNA Bluray player or a WD HD TV Live box.

No subscription fee!

Vatharian

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
[citation]Other than this also captcha for newcomers or for posting a second comment within 2 minutes might reduce spam some bit.[/citation]
Well, I fail captcha 8 times out 10...

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]Vatharian[/nom][citation]Well, I fail captcha 8 times out 10...[/citation]
But you probably don't need to post a new comment after 2 minutes, and by this I mean in all of Tom's, not one thread, so, the second comment from the same account could, one bit, slow down. For the rest, spammers evolve, and AI can not simply find which button to click, but soon even read captcha better than humans.

I would suggest the human input in detecting spam and hiding it from view prior to being deleted by moderators could be reached by the current system at Tom's with a minor modification, such as "4 to 10 votes from people already with a badge for reporting some forum contents to the moderators would make the post automatically hidden", and spam is not a mater of saying something stupid as for the thumbs up/down that some people might have different ideas so it could work fast enough. And also spammers would need to be reporting correctly for a while to be able to mess up the system. And if they do, if they actually manage to get a proper badge for "fight against spam", and then falsely report comments as spam, their account would be deleted, while the actual comment would be saved from their "hidden" status and restored to normal.

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
Hulu is better for the free stuff and Netfilx is best for no ads. I was a fan of Crackle early on but it was eclipsed by Hulu some time ago. Not only that, but considering Crackle belongs to Sony I don't know what took so long. It's embarrassing for Sony that Netflix and Hulu was on the PS3 before Sony's own Crackle.

G

Thanks for your opinion. we sell discount handbags I totally like with it.I like cheap designer handbags as well and someone is looking for coach handbags online? People usually prefer wholesale Gucci handbags, especially when they visit some prada handbags outlet. In some areas,people like to wholesale LV handbags. They will find some store doing very cheap or discounted handbags outlet. Certainly, is a good way to earn money.
fendi handbags wholesale

Status
Not open for further replies.