Sony CX450 or LEFRIA R706?

Solution
What conditions will you be recording in? That might help you make a decision on which one to get. If recording indoors with little to no background noise the on-camera mic on the Canon might suffice. If you are recording outdoors or somewhere there is more background noise then you might want to consider the Sony with a good external mic and one that does not capture all the noise around you.
If audio is a concern I would get the one that has a microphone input jack. The Canon has a slightly larger sensor than the Sony which might make a difference in low-light performance. The Sony has a microphone jack and the Canon does not. Since I don't own either I can't say which one is best.

BurningxSH0CKZ

Estimable
Sep 6, 2015

I am tempted to get the LEFRIA because it has a better picture quality. But audio is more important...

What conditions will you be recording in? That might help you make a decision on which one to get. If recording indoors with little to no background noise the on-camera mic on the Canon might suffice. If you are recording outdoors or somewhere there is more background noise then you might want to consider the Sony with a good external mic and one that does not capture all the noise around you.

Solution

BurningxSH0CKZ

Estimable
Sep 6, 2015

I'm mostly going to recording indoor with crowds, mostly used for LANS