kushalakachin2

Commendable
Aug 24, 2016
Hello people !
I have been checking out speakers for my new tv setup.
Finalized on the Sony DA-100 (Open for alternatives) as it has a wooden enclosure for the subwoofer and sounds amazing !
My concern here was that it lacks a equalizer for tweaking the sound, so would the equalizer through the various devices (TV, mobile phone, etc.) connected to it aid this situation ?
Also it is not advertised with any surround sound features, so if the external devices (TV, Mobile Phones,etc.) lack surround sound output or 4.1 output, what would happen in that situation
------------------------------------
IN A NUTSHELL :
Will i get surround sound ?

Setup:
TV - VU 4k 43inch
DTH - Dish TV HD+(1080p output via hdmi)

Solution
The DA-100 only accepts a 2 channel stereo input so it won't give you surround sound. Bluetooth is stereo also so that won't help.
You could connect an analog EQ in between your source and the speakers. You may however damage them if you use the EQ to boost frequencies beyond the ability of the speakers to handle.
The DA-100 only accepts a 2 channel stereo input so it won't give you surround sound. Bluetooth is stereo also so that won't help.
You could connect an analog EQ in between your source and the speakers. You may however damage them if you use the EQ to boost frequencies beyond the ability of the speakers to handle.

Solution

kushalakachin2

Commendable
Aug 24, 2016

Ah ! I see...so the experience wont be worth it i guess. You got any other recommendation in this price segment ?

13thmonkey

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006

Doesn't HDMI-ARC have to exist on the TV too? And my Panasonic 4k will only output 2.0 over the optical or ARC (which i'm quite annoyed about).