Status
Not open for further replies.

L0tus

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
"Josh Rose
Kidding himself"

lol

Seriously though, I wouldn't buy either of them. Why game on an over-glorified calculator-sized slab when my i5-750/HD5870/22"/Crysis@+60FPS/8GBRAM...you get I'm saying =]

G

So Sony is defending itself from new and cheap iTouch/iPhone games by announcing some old games at 10 times the price.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Through all I'm concerned, the games that make the PSPgo worth it are Daxter, Ratcet and Clank, God of War, Patapon, and FF VII.
Realistically, there is far too much fud for the PSP.
PS: I prefer the go. I used the 16GB main memory for games, and 8GB for music.

The PSP needs a dramatic overhaul though. A second analog, smoother controls, and better games. I stopped using my PSP and just replaced it with a MP3 player with better battery life.

MeanSquare

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
This does bring up the old, old question about dedicated machines versus flexible ones. i.e.: Do you buy a dedicated game machine _and_ another dedicated internet browser, etc. or do you buy one (probably more expensive, but) more flexible machine that does all (or most) of what you want. I can see the value of both, but, on a limited budget, the more flexible wins for me. (I own an Android device though, not an iThingy.)

xpax

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2009
iPhone has the worst games imaginable. Pretty useless when coupled with the fact that it has no controls for actually playing a game in the unlikely event that one worth playing is released.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Better believe Sony is worried. And Nintendo too. I have two kids and my wife and I both have iPhones. You only need to buy that $1.99 app once and use it on multiple iPhones/iPods/iPads. Any of you with kids knows you're not going to let one kid have one title and not let the other one play. Therefore, those $9.99 PSP games would cost me $19.98 so both my kids could play at the same time.

And from what I've seen and experienced, five $1.99 games from the App Store provide more entertainment value than any $10 or $20 game I've seen on a PSP or Nintendo.

Now an iPad Mini with 5" screen would be an incredible portable gaming platform.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]xpax[/nom]iPhone has the worst games imaginable. Pretty useless when coupled with the fact that it has no controls for actually playing a game in the unlikely event that one worth playing is released.[/citation]
Spoken like a true hater who has never actually played games on an iPhone. Or maybe you think anything less than a full-blown PC game isn't worth playing, in which case any portable like Nintendo or PSP is worthless.

hardwarekid9756

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
On texting your grandmother:

Assume, if you would: Child - 13.

Now, taking socioeconomic status into play (riding a school bus, but also having a phone), we can assume at least lower middle to middle class.

Well, if you look at the average birth age for first-time mothers in 1970 (about 40 years ago, earliest result a cursory google turned up.) you're looking at about 21.4. The average of birth in america right now (2006 statistic) is roughly 25. So...if the grandma was born in the late 50's early 60's putting them in their early- to mid-50's, Their daughter/son in their early-mid 20's and 30's...and the kid at 13? I would say all of those generations are pretty tech-savvy. So, texting your grandma? Wouldn't surprise me.

Now, if that kid were in college? Different story.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
* Ape Escape: On the Loose
* Buzz! Master Quiz
* Hot Shots Golf Open Tee
* Justice League Heroes
* LocoRoco 2
* Manhunt 2
* Midway Arcade Treasures: Extended Play
* Patapon 2
* Pinball Hall of Fame
* PixelJunk Monster Deluxe
* Silent Hill: Origins
* The Sims 2
* SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo
* Syphon Filter: Logan’s Shadow
* Twisted Metal: Head On
* The Warriors
* Burnout Legends
* Capcom Classics Collection: Reloaded
* Capcom Classics Collection: Remix
* Dark Stalkers: Chaos Tower
* Need for Speed: Most Wanted
* Medal of Honor: Heroes
* Sid Meier’s Pirates
against 250'000 app'store apss? WTF?!?!?!

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
i apologize if i offended anyone in any way.[citation][nom]pachisss[/nom]First of all You're an idiot... Second of all, think about this for a second... he's making waaaaaaaayyyy more money than you are... so what does that make you?...[/citation]
i don't care, doesn't make me like him more.[citation][nom]ap3x[/nom]What exactly makes you think he his from the ghetto or uneducated? You look at him and assume that?[/citation]
the way he acts and talks. i know the difference, i lived in NYC my entire life.[citation][nom]tapnick[/nom]Its people like you that is whats wrong with the world today[/citation]
lol i know its hard to come off as not racist as i point out he's black so often... i apologize for that, but i stand by my ghetto hatred.

Status
Not open for further replies.