Sony Ericsson Xperia Play This Spring On Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaoski

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
Wait, so this is basically a Droid but it's called PSP?

I don't get it, is Sony entering Android Game market? And they think people will actually pay 40-50 per game?

LMAO

I fail to understand

G

No where in the article did it say anything about 40 to 50 dollars a game. This in the realm of the devoted gamer is awesome! I fail to understand your disagreement.

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Assuming it gets good battery life and reception and the ability to hibernate games so I can start/stop playing at will then I might be sold. I refuse to buy a phone that won't last on a charge from morning till I go to bed with moderate talk time and limited app use.

The trio of Final Fantasy games from the PS1 would be a big boost to my interest

G

it is 3G...you will not be able to get a call and play a game simultaneously...big issue with Verizon's devices. Hopefully, it will pause for you so you can resume...but still...sucks you cant do both.

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
CDMA has less dropped calls than GSM due to the signal technology and supposedly will be getting the ability to due talk and data at the same time. So unless you're a frequent international travel to Europe, why would CDMA bother you?

pinkeyes

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
"it is 3G...you will not be able to get a call and play a game simultaneously...big issue with Verizon's devices. Hopefully, it will pause for you so you can resume...but still...sucks you cant do both."

I find it hilarious how often AT&T fanbois (the majority of which are obv. locked into a contract with their AT&T iPhone and rationalizing) cite this supposed drawback of Verizon's network on every article about Verizon.

jimsocks

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
need world phone, was considering this for games. was hoping sony would market this more like a game machine. but instead got the standard carrier specific phone.

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
A single core phone being released in a time of dual core phones, i think it may get beaten at it's own game.

It's a shame, i seriously would have got one of these too.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Even if the specs seem low, as long as it runs games fine, I'd be happy. You don't see anyone complaining about the specs on a iPhone4 in terms of gaming, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.