Sony Found an ''Anonymous'' File on SOE Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

chick0n

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
as much as I don't like the way Sony process/keep user's information, I guess its time to take these script kiddies down.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Interesting how the hackers managed to gain access in the first place as for covering tracks why not already known a group that is well known. The fallout will continue for some time as it may push corporations and governments for more stringer controls over the net in general thus a crack down on activities it deems illegal.

mister g

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Personally unless they release this said document, I really wouldn't rush to beleieve that they've found a perpetrator (scapegoat) that quickly.

seboj

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
If the theft was an actual AnonOp, they would own up to it publicly. They don't hide their exploits.

More likely that someone used Anon's DDOS attack to help with their own theft, and left the file as a false lead.

G

Well, there are things called undelete, and they can be done to any system and hard drive if you have it in your physical possession. I guess these kids didn't plan on that. LOL! This is why Sony hired a forensics team. They can get things off of burned up hard drives. Retrieving a file off a non-dead hard drive isn't going to be a problem. The thing is... Most people supported jail breaking and everything until this. The support for GeoHot (GeoNot) has gone in to the toilet. Because they aren't truly affecting a big company they are only hurting the people who use the services. Unlike his little stunt with jail breaking. This is considered criminal mischief as well as cyber terrorism. And since he announced he was joining with Anon... I guess they'll show up at his house eventually. Because unless these guys did more than just cover their tracks at Sony... There's a lot more logs out there to show where they've been and what they've been doing. XD It'll be funny to watch them all fry.

G

Seboj you're a retard. Yes, whoever hacked PSN please turn yourself in. Please trade your sheltered life of computers for one of ass-ramming 24/7 in prison.

MCFCBlue

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2007
All i'm gonna say is Sony will just make a Hollywood film out of it and gain shed loads of money to sort out the entire mess. lol

G

We are Anonymous.

We are Legion.

We do not forgive.

We do not forget.

Expect us.

G

If Anonymous wants to uphold their motto, they should find who stole the information and deliver their heads on a silver platter to the authorities. It would be a way to not only right their wrong, but also serve up a double whammy and be the "good guys". They should devote all their resources to this task, because this will snowball against them if they don't act fast. This may be a blessing in disguise if they can do this correctly.

_Cubase_

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
[citation][nom]Khushrenada529[/nom]If Anonymous wants to uphold their motto, they should find who stole the information and deliver their heads on a silver platter to the authorities. It would be a way to not only right their wrong, but also serve up a double whammy and be the "good guys". They should devote all their resources to this task, because this will snowball against them if they don't act fast. This may be a blessing in disguise if they can do this correctly.[/citation]

This.

bikes

Distinguished
May 4, 2011
I bet they didnt do it... Sony is looking for someone to blame... Next time they should secure their servers better.... All you idiots blaming Anonymous shout just quit life....

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
[citation][nom]Khushrenada529[/nom]If Anonymous wants to uphold their motto, they should find who stole the information and deliver their heads on a silver platter to the authorities. It would be a way to not only right their wrong, but also serve up a double whammy and be the "good guys". They should devote all their resources to this task, because this will snowball against them if they don't act fast. This may be a blessing in disguise if they can do this correctly.[/citation]
Completely agree. Usually anonymous tries to act in the interests of the consumer and the people, and this goes against everything anonymous stands for. It may be something Sony is saying to get assistance from anonymous even... but I say anon should find the dirtbag that did it and send him away.

PS: Isnt it relatively easy for most good networks to protect against DoS attacks?

razorblaze42

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
What a difference a day makes... I've said from the start that GeoHot and or his firends Anonymous were responsible for this attack and today Sony confirmed it and provided us with evidence they left behind. It won't be long at all before we start seeing arrest by the FBI, all I have to say to comfort the hacker during your stay in Sing Sing, "Don't Drop The Soap.".

To all those that called me crazy a few days ago...how do you like me now?

purrcatian

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
Well, there are things called undelete, and they can be done to any system and hard drive if you have it in your physical possession.

Not true. This can not be done if the place on the hard drive has been overwritten. I would think that the PSN servers have enough hard drive activity that the small log files would be overwritten ver soon after they were deleted.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
People credit "Anonymous" as some established group that always has the same members and not just an occasional grouping of bored college nerds on IRC. I am sure that half of the hacking world doesn't know Anonymous's little trademarks either.

razorblaze42

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
[citation][nom]purrcatian[/nom]Not true. This can not be done if the place on the hard drive has been overwritten. I would think that the PSN servers have enough hard drive activity that the small log files would be overwritten ver soon after they were deleted.[/citation]
Not exactly true either... in some cases even overwritten files can be recovered. It takes aprroximately ten to twelve passes with random data rewriting the same sector of the disk to render data un-recoverable. But who knows what capabilities the FBI/CIA have that might render that statement untrue.

castle songbird

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
People keep referring to anonymoose as a group. It's not. There is no formal registration required to gain admission. There is no hierarchy of internal power. If Kim Jong IL wants to consider himself a member of anonymous, then he is. If he wants to consider his actions as emperor of Mean Korea as being related to the agenda of anonymous, then they are. People in this thread are talking about anonymous' reputation being sullied from this incident. I find it ironic that people are starting to perceive "anonymous" as a brand. Anonymity means lack of a brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.