Sony FW laptops

fire_storm

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2007
Hi

I bought a macbook about two weeks ago but had problems with it (screen flicker on windows) i think it was a windows driver issue but i didnt pay that much for a laptop that would have these problems, so I returned it and decided I want to go with a PC
for all those who told me not to get a mac, laugh at me..
so I decided to get a sony vaio which will be out on april 17th, is there anything I should consider before getting this
http://www.sonystyle.ca/commerce/servlet/ProductDetailDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&productId=1006045&navigationPath=32009n100299n100490

thanks

Solution
The 3650 is fine for midrange gaming, but not at 1920x1080. It will struggle there. The same goes for other GPU related apps - it's not a workstation card, but it should do okay.

Personally, I think Sony has some of the ruddiest notebooks out there. I'd never buy one - the parts are pretty cheap and the prices pretty high. Sony is attempting to be the Macs of the PCs, I believe, and failing at it.

If your budget allows, you might want to look into a Sager computer.

fire_storm

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2007

I will use it for programming GPUs and a little bit of gaming
the spec seem to be fine i wonder about the brand i know sony is very good but i never used their laptops

frozenlead

Distinguished
The 3650 is fine for midrange gaming, but not at 1920x1080. It will struggle there. The same goes for other GPU related apps - it's not a workstation card, but it should do okay.

Personally, I think Sony has some of the ruddiest notebooks out there. I'd never buy one - the parts are pretty cheap and the prices pretty high. Sony is attempting to be the Macs of the PCs, I believe, and failing at it.

If your budget allows, you might want to look into a Sager computer.

Solution

fire_storm

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2007

the games i will be playing are old games like CSS and 2d games and as for graphic card programming i remotely connect to high end machines and have them run my code so its no big deal
as for sony hate i did notice many people here do hate sony maybe because of the price, i am switching from apple no matter what i buy i am saving money lol