Sony Music Japan and Sony Ericsson Get Hacked

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bunz_of_steel

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
Steve jobs distortion field .... haaaaa ROLMBO how true. That is darn near impenetrable! He has follows like those people who thot they knew the world was going to end. If Jobless said it his cult followers would believe it,... nothing could get to them.... sorry I digress.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]If I had something in my home that didn't belong to me then yes, I had a responsibility to replace whatever was stolen and deliver it to the owner.When we have something in our care we are responsible for everything that happens to it. If that something is destroyed, stolen, regardless if these acts are done by an outside element or not, we have responsibility to it. Don't want this kind of responsibility then simple, don't accept anything to your care that doesn't belong to you.[/citation]

so if someone stole somthing expensive from you you wouldn't even try to catch the guy because you think you are so flippin stupid :)

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
It is either that Sony is completely retarded or that computer security is a myth. It is amazing how concentrated are these attacks against Sony.

eyeklops

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
[citation][nom]soccerdocks[/nom]I'm really wondering why all these attacks have been targeted against Sony. Are their security systems really that weak, or do hackers just dislike them that much?[/citation]

They have weak security, but the more important reason is they sued a hacker.

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
I just think its funny that people STILL think that Sony deserves this, i mean, what did they post 3 point something millions in losses already? For that, all you virtual freedom fighters (if you didn't catch the sarcasm i just called you wannabes) should be lucky that the dude that hacked the PS3 inst dead. At this point people are just going after Sony since there the big thing right now. Has anyone actually tried targeting REAL bad companies? I mean, as far as im concerned, most of the people that hate Sony so much are actually showing how much respect they got for them as they are willing to dedicate so much of their own personal time and money to buy their products and then attack them and IMHO, still the best blue-ray player available.

ProDigit10

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
You can see this coming from a mile away!
Any company that treats it's customers with the hard hand gets this treatment!
Why has no one attacked Panasonic?
Because Panasonic makes very good basic stuff and when you hack it, they won't bother with increasing security!

I think Sony needs to think twice about refreshing their PSP's with continuous updates, always trying to make it impossible for the user to do with the device (which they purchased) what they want!

If one day or the other, a certain brand would make a digital camera, that with a hack could run games, and windows, then don't try to secure it from users doing that!
The losses you might receive from lawsuits and returned items may be less than those from angry customers who rely on hackers to execute their fury!

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]areszues92[/nom]Sony earns billions of dollars each year but they dont have a impenetrable firewall[/citation]
There's no such thing as an impenetrable firewall. If traffic can get in, it can be penetrated.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]so if someone stole somthing expensive from you you wouldn't even try to catch the guy because you think you are so flippin stupid[/citation]
So you're saying that you lend something expensive to someone and in that someone possession it was robbed. If that something doesn't shows up you're saying that it wouldn't mattered to you?
And of course if something like this happened to me I would try to catch the thief and of course he would guilty of committing a crime, but my responsibility remains.

zak876

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
[citation][nom]soccerdocks[/nom]I'm really wondering why all these attacks have been targeted against Sony. Are their security systems really that weak, or do hackers just dislike them that much?[/citation]
Yep......the hacker DO dislike sony that much......u shud know why by now

Prey

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
Hey Sony, I work for a company that does Pen Testing, let me know if you'd like me to cut you a deal.

Seriously SQL injection, thats something that a prelim test should have caught.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I'm seriously beginning to suspect a mole within Sony at the moment. These hackers aren't very sophisticated at all, and its somewhat odd they can hack into Sony Music sites one after another.

G

eddieroolz is on to something, no one is wondering that this i linked to the swathes of Sony employee that were laid of in recent time

but seriously.... i think folks would be somewhat annoyed if they found their local banks were using itty bitty small padlocks to secure their vaults, Sony are after all in part a Tech firm

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007

sony pissed a lot of people off,from their drm practices, to false advertising, to going above the law (eg what they did to people in the modding community)

All of this and more has lead to sony's position now of constantly being attacked.

ruining a product is one thing (and it pisses people off) but ruining someones life is another thing and that really had peoples blood boiling.

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
[citation][nom]DjEaZy[/nom]... seismic, economic and hacker attacks on Japan... question... why?[/citation]

I was wondering as well..it is well known (in high intel levels) that scalar weaponry IS a reality( they could cause earth quakes and weather changes too. Of course the official line is that there is no such thing.

There was another story in the news about the dispute between Russia and Japan regarding the Kuril Islands that has been going on for decades now. I knew that things were getting really ugly recently . I'm thinking that many countries could have such weapons.

G

There are many Hackers and Organized Hacking companies that Hack to get customer information then to later sell that information for millions of dollars. Advertising and marketing firms buy this information for their own gains.

T Holtz the guy that hacked the PS3 is not behind this but I will not be surprised if people that support him are involved with it.

Hackers please stop hacking companies that control our gamming lol, Thanks

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]legacy7955[/nom]I was wondering as well..it is well known (in high intel levels) that scalar weaponry IS a reality( they could cause earth quakes and weather changes too. Of course the official line is that there is no such thing. There was another story in the news about the dispute between Russia and Japan regarding the Kuril Islands that has been going on for decades now. I knew that things were getting really ugly recently . I'm thinking that many countries could have such weapons.[/citation]

HAHAHAHA, oh wait until the Steve Jobs joke you are being serious...

LOL!!!!!!

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]legacy7955[/nom]I was wondering as well..it is well known (in high intel levels) that scalar weaponry IS a reality( they could cause earth quakes and weather changes too. Of course the official line is that there is no such thing. There was another story in the news about the dispute between Russia and Japan regarding the Kuril Islands that has been going on for decades now. I knew that things were getting really ugly recently . I'm thinking that many countries could have such weapons.[/citation]

1. Japan is on the ring of fire, fucking research it. There is no mystery as to why the earthquakes happened.

Scalar weaponary DOES NOT EXIST. It's not offical, it's just fucking reality which YOU have proven to deny by not knowing how earthquakes happen or about the ring of fire that Japan is RIGHT ON TOP OF.

Derp Derp, Go suck down more of Alex Jones' jizz.

thillntn

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
[citation][nom]yyk71200[/nom]Sony just can't get a break.[/citation]

Oh yes they can...if they would just sign my waiver of liability I would break anything they would let me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.