Sony PS Vita Priced at $249 WiFi/$299 3G; Launching at the End of 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
I don't really like the name, but I'm not gonna lie, that thing is pretty sexy.

Specs are very impressive.

grain

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I've no complaints with the pricing at all, they will sell a pant load of them. Being in Canada I suspect I'll be lucky and be able to buy the 3G version with no strings attached. The AT&T bit was a big downer in an otherwise excellent event from Sony.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
I think I would be more likely to carry around the Wii U controller around the house than this. Reason: I rarely have leasure time if I'm not at home.

aleh1811

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
Price seems reasonable for the specs. And despite the innovation of both the 3DS and and WII U, this has excited me the most.

Just that 3d seems like it would create headaches after hours of gameplay and the Wii U controller seems clunky and unconfortable.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]The Greater Good[/nom]Shouldn't that be the Sony POS Vita?[/citation]

hey now just because you are doesn't mean everything else is :)

i think they just killed the 3G version the moment they mentioned AT&T

G

"Vita," which means "Life" in Latin, was chosen as the most appropriate name for the next generation portable entertainment system as it enables a revolutionary combination of rich gaming and social connectivity within a real world context,”"

Great, now the stereo type that nerds need to get a life is gone... Me: Hey You! Get a life!.....Nerd: I already do! You get one! Me: 0, Nerd 1.

The explosion of social networks may have connected us at an unprecedented level, but I feed that it has made us a more socially awkward society in the fact that people no longer socialize in person the way we used to...E.g. The increased percentage of people meeting online to find love.

People poke on Facebook instead of actually talking to the person they're interested in.

G

[citation][nom]dcompart[/nom]"Vita," which means "Life" in Latin, was chosen as the most appropriate name for the next generation portable entertainment system as it enables a revolutionary combination of rich gaming and social connectivity within a real world context,”"Great, now the stereo type that nerds need to get a life is gone... Me: Hey You! Get a life!.....Nerd: I already do! You get one! Me: 0, Nerd 1.The explosion of social networks may have connected us at an unprecedented level, but I feed that it has made us a more socially awkward society in the fact that people no longer socialize in person the way we used to...E.g. The increased percentage of people meeting online to find love.People poke on Facebook instead of actually talking to the person they're interested in.[/citation]

"Vita," which means "Life" in Latin, was chosen as the most appropriate name for the next generation portable entertainment system as it enables a revolutionary combination of rich gaming and social connectivity within a real world context,”"

Great, now the stereo type that nerds need to get a life is gone... Me: Hey You! Get a life!.....Nerd: I already do! You get one! Me: 0, Nerd 1.

The explosion of social networks may have connected us at an unprecedented level, but I feel that it has made us a more socially awkward society in the fact that people no longer socialize in person the way we used to...E.g. The increased percentage of people meeting online to find love.

People poke on Facebook instead of actually talking to the person they're interested in.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Sonys event was very impressive, and the vita looks very good. And its way cheaper than i originally thought. they learned from the spanking they received from the $600 ps3. Despite nintendo unveiling new console, i found sonys conference to be the best. Solid hardcore gaming. I really hope kojima shows snatchers 2

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
Those are reasonable prices in my opinion. I think Nintendo could have a bit of a problem on its hands if the 3DS goes up against an equally priced Vita.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Netherscourge[/nom]They didn't mention how much RAM that thing has, did they?I'd say that's a pretty IMPORTANT piece of information, no?[/citation]

nope

as long as the games look good and play well the system could have 32MB of ram for all i care

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Powerful device. Someone make an app to turn this thing into a smartphone with free calling and I'll toss out my samsung android phone and switch to this.

The Greater Good

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]hey now just because you are doesn't mean everything else is i think they just killed the 3G version the moment they mentioned AT&T[/citation]

lol. Excellent use of punctuation and grammar. Good retort. You're one awesome guy. Your dads must be proud.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]The Greater Good[/nom]lol. Excellent use of punctuation and grammar. Good retort. You're one awesome guy. Your dads must be proud.[/citation]

by just going after the punctuation and grammar and nothing else just proves my comment was right :)

want to try again or is that all you got? thought so

Status
Not open for further replies.