Sony Releases PS3 Firmware Update v2.41

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven Bancroft

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2008
2.41 downloaded without a hitch and the XMB works in games, but to access certain features (such as system settings) the game must be exited. But did you really expect it any other way? Only complaint is that trophies don't scan your current saved game data and look for things you have already accomplished. No biggie though. Good job Sony! I really think they are on a roll right now and the tables could turn in the next year.

Steven Bancroft

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2008
2.41 downloaded without a hitch and the XMB works in games, but to access certain features (such as system settings) the game must be exited. But did you really expect it any other way? Only complaint is that trophies don't scan your current saved game data and look for things you have already accomplished. No biggie though. Good job Sony! I really think they are on a roll right now and the tables could turn in the next year.

Aerobernardo

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2006
I haven't updated mine (after 2.40 I just decided to wait a lil bit after every release just to be sure), but I heard of people complaining about not being able to hear their songs on GTAIV. Is that just because the game has no support or the option of hearing your own music is out of this update?

I also haven't heard of any crashes since then. Anyone?

G

I downloaded/installed 2.41 with no problems. I figured it must've been a patch firmware since I saw the trophy icons after the PS3 rebooted. I wasn't expecting a fix that fast considering it took a long time to get this kind of firmware to begin with. After reading some of the message boards/blogs it sounded like the crash some people were experiencing was from an incomplete download that for some reason might not have resumed. Apparently it was a hefty update. Another apparent reason was because their systems might have had the automatic disc start option on which might've cause some glitch. In any case 2.41 worked perfectly for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.