Sony Reveals PlayStation Move Gun Peripheral

Status
Not open for further replies.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
Navigation controller, Motion Dildo, Guns, what's next? I hope some of the people who were complaining about Kinect's pricing start doing the math - they're both going to cost you a bit of coin. Everyone complains about Microsoft's hidden peripheral costs, but truth is they ALL do it when they think they can get away with it.

Does anyone here remember the motion sensing vs dualshock bull Sony pulled early in the PS3's life? If their motion sensing controller wasn't a shoddy stopgap measure to begin with (until they could settle a lawsuit), they wouldn't need Move. If you need to know more about the future of the PS3's peripherals, just look at the Wii's peripherals.

On a related note, when was the last time anyone here used a "gun" peripheral that looked good? I think the last one I had that wasn't ugly (especially if you painted it black) was the Konami Justifier revolver-shaped gun for Genesis.

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
nah the only reason they made this look gay is because police like to shoot little kids with realistic looking toy guns. Its actually not very common but the news makes it sound like its very common so to avoid a potential lawsuit. Voilà GAY!

thillntn

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
wrong direction....sad that the console with the best hardware(originally before "slimmed" down) comes up with the worst ideas.if I wanted any of this I would have a Wii. I'd fail whale it but fanboys don't approve lol.

bennyt

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
It looks like one of those toy guns that kids get that blows bubbles.

Maybe I could get one of those to go with my 360. Looks the same but I'll have the added bonus of bubbles EVERYWHERE!

vartok

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2007
yeah, it looks kinna dorky, but heres my thought.... true dual wielding in FPS games. Actually being able to target 2 objects without some clunky "auto-target"

and to the people complaining on how it looks... for one, its just the housing... its like those wii guns that you slide the controller into.

znegval

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
People who play FPS usually like that little bit of action, war and (oh God I'll piss off some parents) violence in games. I don't think this dorky colorful toy-looking gun will appeal to people with this mindset. Sure doesn't make me want to buy it, but perhaps a glock-like peripheral that doesnt have a light bulb at the end would have a chance if it proofed to be feaseble as a "fragging" device.

thillntn

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
i gotta do it.. definately bad idea sony
spread the fail whale
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

vartok

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2007
[citation][nom]znegval[/nom]People who play FPS usually like that little bit of action, war and (oh God I'll piss off some parents) violence in games. I don't think this dorky colorful toy-looking gun will appeal to people with this mindset. Sure doesn't make me want to buy it, but perhaps a glock-like peripheral that doesnt have a light bulb at the end would have a chance if it proofed to be feaseble as a "fragging" device.[/citation]

it has to have the "light bulb" at the end. thats how it does the motion tracking.

bearracuda

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
[citation][nom]xacrex[/nom]what's about Kevin Butler's talk about pretending to shoot with guns?[/citation]
He was talking about using your hand as a gun. The peripheral does look gay, and a hundred other kinds of bad, but you can't deny the comfort of a gun-style grip. It just feels better for aiming than pointing your wrist forward for hours on end. Which, I assume, is why sony is even considering releasing this travesty.

G

socom 4 is supposed to be a realistic shooter. how are we supposed to feel its realistic with a dollar store water pistol in our hands?

Status
Not open for further replies.