Sony Shipping Android SmartWatch to the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

its helarious. comming from a company good at making tv sets. it's shame to see sony is not improving on there strenght and trying to put there rnd in to smart watches, isn't the right step for a company who's strugling to get hold of there existing customer base. only way to have a huge customer base is to give customers sony's best products at affordable prices. world has more than 1000 different exciting smart products and less price always helps customers to go for value products when bigies are trying to pull high margin out of small investment in there product line; its shame that sony knows there fans will buy only sony products and sony is counting on them to continue shopping sony brand. and mean while company tries to get profits by not providing latest technology and quality products. Sony Brand has lost its value only because of unreal price tags.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
[citation][nom]hackholm[/nom]People still wear watches?[/citation]

Wear a GShock everyday. Be amazed at how many times a day cell phone only timekeepers ask me "What time it is". Love the compass feature on my GShock as well. Great for when I'm out on the boat fishing or out hunting.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
LOL. I can't survive without my wrist-watch. I love wrist watches, I always have. I keep a cheap digital in my book bag and a flawed Luminoxx in my car just in case I leave the home w/out one of my other many watches. I think its a generation thing. A lot of the younger folks that have grown up with cell phones don't see the need for a wrist watch. ...for me, wristwatches are something I can't imagine being without and I really hate it if I don't have one. I remember about 15 years ago I went to a class in Washington DC and that day I didn't have a watch. At lunch I went to a nearby jeweler and bought Citizen EcoDrive.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Imagine all the hype if Apple had come out with this. Thank god it was Sony and thus we are spared the "magical" adjective...

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]del35[/nom]Imagine all the hype if Apple had come out with this. Thank god it was Sony and thus we are spared the "magical" adjective...[/citation]
I think a lot of that "magical" this and "magical" that being associated to all their products has died with Steve Jobs. I realize the need to market their products and I hope Apple's products will continue to have features/usability/innovation/quality that I enjoy without Steve Job's business shenanigans. I like the 3rd Generation iPad's quality. Its been a good product for me. It even makes a great wireless monitor when paired with my MacBook Pro via Air Display. These are the kinds of things I like from Apple.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
People still wear watches?

Trendy people are using large watches in New York City these days. Too bad Apple did not come-up with this. The same people tend to be inyourface dumbed-down Apple clones.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
I like the 3rd Generation iPad's quality. Its been a good product for me. It even makes a great wireless monitor when paired with my MacBook Pro via Air Display. These are the kinds of things I like from Apple.

Really? Good luck navigating less than 70 percent of all websites on the internet successfully due to lack of both flash and java support in the iPad 3. And let us not forget the lack of a micro sd card slot and the general connectivity afforded by other android tablets... Of one thing I am glad, the hyped retina displayed that Samsung manufactures for iCrap is not in my Samsung tablet or phone. I could not be luckier!

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]del35[/nom]Really? Good luck navigating less than 70 percent of all websites on the internet successfully due to lack of both flash and java support in the iPad 3. And let us not forget the lack of a micro sd card slot and the general connectivity afforded by other android tablets... Of one thing I am glad, the hyped retina displayed that Samsung manufactures for iCrap is not in my Samsung tablet or phone. I could not be luckier![/citation]
I've not had any problems using any websites that I've wanted to on my iPhone and iPad. That's just me, others may feel very restricted. When I had the Trasnformer Prime I was more disgusted with the consistent dead pixels (I had multiple samples, they all had screen defects) than happy that it had Flash. Yes, I know, dead pixels don't bother everyone but they bothered me. The 3rd Gen iPad I use now has a flawless screen and works well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.