Sony Slashes $50 Off the Price of the PSP Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmmil978

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Yay! $50 more off something I would NEVER buy! Why don't you also take $10,000 off the price of a $200,000 a cement mixer and see if that makes me buy one! (Actually I'd rather have a cement mixer)

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
I see, Price drops in preparation for the PSP2..

I like how you get price drops for products before their successor comes out. But, I still couldn't justify, on a personal level, buying it when it's about to be superseded.

_Cubase_

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
[citation][nom]rmmil978[/nom]Yay! $50 more off something I would NEVER buy! Why don't you also take $10,000 off the price of a $200,000 a cement mixer and see if that makes me buy one! (Actually I'd rather have a cement mixer)[/citation]

Why did you bother coming here and commenting? It's like taking time to walk into a car dealership only to express how uninterested you are in buying a car.

Simple11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
[citation][nom]_cubase_[/nom]Why did you bother coming here and commenting? It's like taking time to walk into a car dealership only to express how uninterested you are in buying a car.[/citation]

Lol! Now make this a phone already :D

Rab1d-BDGR

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
The PSP Go may make sense if you don't already have an extensive collection of UMD media - but for anyone who does then $50 isn't going to cut it considering the price of re-buying what they already own. Given how long the Go has been out this all seems too little too late, it looks like they are just getting ready to (try to) compete with the 3DS.

ekulz

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
These big companies need to factor countries like New Zealand, where we have relatively small data caps and low speeds because of high prices. 50USD isn't worth using half of our months internet usage to download a game.
Even the people with unlimited internet have terrible speeds.

Hatecrime69

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Travis Beane[/nom]I actually preferred the PSPgo. Smaller is more convenient, and I have no interest in a UMD drive.[/citation]

didn't square-enix state that one of their newer games would not be released on the virtual store for download?

Make the go $125 and it might sell...might

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
i would be tempted to buy a psp go when the new psp 2 comes out just to use it for a media player

32gb of memory isnt bad

but psp's have very limited codec support so i wont bother (thats mainly all i use my psp for these days as the games out just dont interest me and i have a broken joystick so ill make do till psp 2 then go on a spending spree

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]Travis Beane[/nom]I actually preferred the PSPgo. Smaller is more convenient, and I have no interest in a UMD drive.[/citation]
I agree i don't own a PSPgo but did own a PSP... If i still wanted a mobile game device the PSPgo is exactly what i would want.

-downloaded games is better because you have all the media local instead of 30 disks. **and it's easy to hack**
-there are no better altenatives... Nintendo? im 35, not 7.

jasonpwns

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]I agree i don't own a PSPgo but did own a PSP... If i still wanted a mobile game device the PSPgo is exactly what i would want.-downloaded games is better because you have all the media local instead of 30 disks. **and it's easy to hack**-there are no better altenatives... Nintendo? im 35, not 7.[/citation]

Well with the 3ds coming out Sony had to lower something, on top of that I am guessing you would let a 7 year old child play games such as Metal Gear and Resident Evil:?

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]I agree i don't own a PSPgo but did own a PSP... If i still wanted a mobile game device the PSPgo is exactly what i would want[/citation]
quote myself... lol .. just want to add something.

I think this market is getting killed due to smart phones. I can play games on my phone instead, granted the games are not the same quality but generally speaking if i have time to play a game on the go, my phone is good enough.

Doom3klr

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
Psp go not so successful not everyone like to download games or can. Psp 2 is better plus you own the physical games. Let see what sony comes out with next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS