Sony sound bar

Judy Smith

Estimable
Feb 8, 2015
I still have know sound coming from my sound bar from my dvd. I have a sanyo tv and a Sony sound bar and Sony dvd player. I have sound coming through the tv with the sound bar when I try to play dvd no sound at all.. please help. I can't figure this out at all

Solution
since you do not have a home theater receiver then you want to hook everything to the TV and then output the TV to the sony soundbar.
Since you gave absolutely no model numbers or information on how you have it connected I can not tell what kind of cables to use for each connection.

Ideally you should use HDMI from dvd player to TV, and toslink (also called optical and spdif) from TV to sound bar; where that will work with your application I don't know without more information.
There are also select few sound bars that do have hdmi in and out.
since you do not have a home theater receiver then you want to hook everything to the TV and then output the TV to the sony soundbar.
Since you gave absolutely no model numbers or information on how you have it connected I can not tell what kind of cables to use for each connection.

Ideally you should use HDMI from dvd player to TV, and toslink (also called optical and spdif) from TV to sound bar; where that will work with your application I don't know without more information.
There are also select few sound bars that do have hdmi in and out.

Solution