Question Sony ubp-x700 USB LPCM question

Mar 20, 2019
I'm planning on purchasing the X700 blu-ray player. I want to play a movie file with dts-ma or true-hd off of a USB attached to the blu-ray. It says in the manual on page 30 that it supports Dolby Digital, LPCM, AAC, MP3 audio formats. I also have a Denon receiver that can decode dts-ma 7.1 and truehd 7.1. If I plug in the USB and play the file off of the 4k blu ray player, will it decode it to LPCM automatically? I want it lossless in 7.1. Do I have to convert the dts-ma or truehd with software to get it to LPCM 7.1?

Dizahsin (Dion)

Banned
BANNED
Feb 26, 2019
Thanks for your reply. Do you mean manually on the blu-ray player? Changing bitstream to PCM?
Yes. Thank you for asking. I’ve tried similar steps with a 7.1 Home Theater System, and using (most) softwares caused Distortion in my audio. I wouldn’t recommend using softwares to decode to LPCM, again. :)

Mar 20, 2019
Yes. Thank you for asking. I’ve tried similar steps with a 7.1 Home Theater System, and using (most) softwares caused Distortion in my audio. I wouldn’t recommend using softwares to decode to LPCM, again. :)
Do you also know if it has to be manually selected on the receiver unit? I'm a bit concerned about something else. It says that the blu ray player's USB supports LPCM. But there isn't any LPCM audio file in the movie. It doesn't mention dts-ma or true-hd audio is playable, only those four audio formats I listed above. Does that mean I would have to convert it to .pcm? You said I shouldn't, so it will recognize the dta-ma or truehd audio and turn it into LPCM. I don't know why the manual wouldn't just say it can turn the truehd and dts-ma audio into LPCM. Is LPCM another audio format I don't know about, like a .wav file?

Last edited: