Question Sony Vaio battery issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2021
I have a Vaio VJC141F11X which is a year old.

I had problems with it and sent it to Sony for repair under guarantee. When it came back (new screen) it had a problem with the battery - it didn't register the battery status.
I sent it back to Sony and got it back again today. Same issue.
Charged to 100%, remove charger, battery indicator showed 100% but within 2 minutes the computer shut down. While it works without problem with AC adapter it defeats the objective of having a laptop. I really dont want to send it back to Sony again as clearly they didnt test it after doing whatever they did to it. I have to re-set up emails and other apps again which is all time-consuming. I even had to buy and re-instal Win 10 as it looks like they swapped out the original Win OS when doing the first fix.

As mentioned the Vaio and its original battery are just 12 months old. The guarantee is still valid but communication with Sony is less than satisfactory - no feedback on what they did, nor even when the thing is put in the mail, 30-day turnaround, and no tracker to provided to check when it arrived. I went to the post office every day for a week.

I have seen a similar post on this subject but it related to non-original battery. Not my issue as mine is original.

Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited:
Since the laptop was under warranty and never fixed, I would continue to pursue the issue with Sony. I've had similar problems on two prior occasions and after finally getting my problem "escalated" was very happy with the outcome (my issues were with HP and Google). Be nice but firm. They owe you a fix that works.

Reactions: Alan S888
Jun 9, 2021
Thanks for the assistance. Just to follow up ... Sony called to say it was the battery (and wanted to charge me to install a new one. Apparently their guarantee doesnt cover batteries. They could have told us that in April when they sent it back the first time, and again last month the second time they returned it. Appalling service. The two previous Vaios that I had worked fine. This one didnt even last to the end of its first year. Now waiting for the lap[top to come back before sending it to the extended warranty workshop to fix the battery. My daughter has been without a laptop for 3 months while trying to study remotely. Not a good experience - and that will be the last Sony product I buy.
Thanks again.
Alan

I would still insist on some kind of renumeration. When I had my HP issue, it took several calls to get to the right folks, but when I did they asked me what they could do to make me happy. I asked for an additional year of warranty and they gave me that. IMHO Sony should change the battery for free since you had to send it in three times. No excuse for that. They likely don't want to lose you as a customer. I will certainly buy an HP again after my good experience getting my issue resolved.

Jun 9, 2021
We had two long calls with Sony. Then they hung up and refused further calls. It's not a company I will deal with again. perhaps its just Sony Brazil but Sony has global standards and I am far from happy with their attitude. They have lost this customer. Sad.

Jul 15, 2021
Damm even I am having a similar kind of issue, I have searched all over the internet and even have posted on number of threads on different forum, no solution seems to work. I am really frustrated, can anyone of you here help me resolve this issue, I am very much tired now. get-vidmate.com instasave

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2021
Damm even I am having a similar kind of issue, I have searched all over the internet and even have posted on number of threads on different forum, no solution seems to work. I am really frustrated, can anyone of you here help me resolve this issue, I am very much tired now.

Not sure if I can help. I have owned 3 Vaios over the years - the first two functioned without any issues at all for ten years. The last one was purchased a year ago. Eleven months later it had multiple problems: screen and battery being the two key issues. The screen was replaced under warranty. The unit was returned but without fixing the battery issue. It went back again, and was returned without repair. No mention of what the issue was or why it wasnt repaired. It went back third time - on this occasion we were told that the battery was not under warranty and would cost X to replace. Each round-trip journey that the laptop took was a month, Three months in total. Very little feedback and no apology. My daughter needed the computer for home-study owing to the pandemic.
I can only assume that new batteries are poorer quality than the old ones or are purposely built to fail. Whatever the issue is I will not buy another Sony product. This whole issue could have been handled better.

I can only assume your battery has failed. If your battery is over 3 months old it seems you will need to buy a new one. Worth investigating to avoid that cost, though.

Damm even I am having a similar kind of issue, I have searched all over the internet and even have posted on number of threads on different forum, no solution seems to work. I am really frustrated, can anyone of you here help me resolve this issue, I am very much tired now.

What is this "no solution" you tried and what is your "similar issue"? Bad battery? Have you replaced it? If you have an issue with warranty that needs to be handled by the vendor, no one can help you outside of the company responsible for the fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.