Sony Vaio Black Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

MafiaRebourn

Estimable
Mar 19, 2015
I have the Sony Vaio Fit 15 I believe (SV15A16CXB) and when I turn on the power, the power light comes on and the HDD light flashes but the screen does not turn on at all.

Solution
Unfortunately, your options are limited, but you can try removing the battery, making sure all accessible parts (hard drive, ram) are seated properly, but more than likely either the connection from the screen to the laptop is damaged, or something inside the laptop, such as the video card are damanged. You can try plugging an external monitor into the VGA port, it may give you a display right off the boot. fyi, if the laptops worth it, and the video card turns out to be the problem, you can install a different one, but it will cost bucks.

Ck1_13

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Unfortunately, your options are limited, but you can try removing the battery, making sure all accessible parts (hard drive, ram) are seated properly, but more than likely either the connection from the screen to the laptop is damaged, or something inside the laptop, such as the video card are damanged. You can try plugging an external monitor into the VGA port, it may give you a display right off the boot. fyi, if the laptops worth it, and the video card turns out to be the problem, you can install a different one, but it will cost bucks.

Solution

DE3

Estimable
May 19, 2015
Please how did you solve this issue as I have the same computer as you do. I'm currently faces with it. Vaio Control Centre prompts me there's a bios updat me I download and install it, and my computer restarts to a black screen. I've removed the back and disconnected and connected the battery. I also removed and put back the CMOS battery. I also removed and fixed back the removeable memory. The computer has 2 4gb memory: one removeable and the other fixed. Kindly help. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.