Sony vaio cant conect to samsung tv usina a hdmi cable

Guimbm

Estimable
Jul 10, 2015
I I have a sony vaio laptop and a samsung tv and once i plug them with a hdmi cable it shows no signal. I have tried every definitions in control panel and tried diferent cables. My pc was recently formatted and betone this i could connect my pc to the tv and know i cant

JayCee993

Estimable
Nov 19, 2014
The person that has reinstalled your windows either hasn't installed the required graphics drivers, check in device manager to make sure that the graphics driver is installed. Other thing could be with your external monitor display settings, if the graphics drivers are there press "Fn" *Function* + F7 then hit "Enter" this should swap from laptop display to external display

Jason

Guimbm

Estimable
Jul 10, 2015
The fn function also doesn't work. I am not sure how to see if I have the correct graphics driver but I have 340.46 version of nvidia GeForce gt 330m and nvidia updates 10.4.0. Also have Intel hd graphics installed.

JayCee993

Estimable
Nov 19, 2014
Right click your "My Computer" and go to "Manage" this will open Computer Management, go to device manager and under "Display Adapters" click the down arrow, the model of your graphics card should be there just right click it and try to update drivers, if you have the Nvidia logo in the bottom you can open Nvidia's interface and update it from there, but if these drivers are installed just make sure that your TV is on HDMI 1/2/3/4 depending on what HDMI port you have plugged it into.

JayCee993

Estimable
Nov 19, 2014
Okay make sure that your TV is on the correct HDMI source, also keep the laptop plugged into the TV and restart the laptop, it should boot straight onto the external display

Jason

Guimbm

Estimable
Jul 10, 2015
I did the same way I use to do with hdmi cable. I connect one part of the vga to the laptop and the other to the TV and I choose the channel but it didn't work