Sony Vaio E not booting

rahuljaju

Estimable
Aug 5, 2015
Hi..

I have got a sony vaio laptop. Model/product# SVE151B11W / SVE15113ENW.

I recently upgraded the RAM by adding a new 4 GB unit on top of existing 4 GB one. It worked like a charm for a few days. I got a vaio care message a couple of days back to upgrade the BIOS. I did the same and did not get any noticeable problem for next 2 odd days. But while working on some document today, I got the BSOD (blue screen) and then my laptop just stopped booting up!

BSOD showed following error.

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXECPTION

0x0000003B (0x00000000C0000005, 0xFFFFF800032D6B02, 0xFFFFF88009707D10, 0x00000000000000000000).

Now when I try to boot the laptop, I see the power LED glowing green, harddisk LED temporarily glowing orange and then turning blank and battery LED remaining unlit (even when the charger is on). I can hear the fan and also little bit of hot air blowing out. When I press the power button, I see the battery LED temporarily glowing orange.

I am not sure if the RAM upgrade or BIOS upgrade have anything to do with the problem.

Any suggestion to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!
cheers.
Rahul.

Solution
Hi,

First thing is to do a hard reset to bring the laptop back to the desktop. Remove the batter and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Put the AC adapter back in and see if it turns on. If it does please update your graphics card driver because there's only 2 culprit causing the blue screen error first is the RAM and the graphics card. Download the latest driver for your graphics card in this link: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download. Last thing to check are the RAM, reseat them to verify that it's seated correctly.

Hope this helps.
Hi,

First thing is to do a hard reset to bring the laptop back to the desktop. Remove the batter and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Put the AC adapter back in and see if it turns on. If it does please update your graphics card driver because there's only 2 culprit causing the blue screen error first is the RAM and the graphics card. Download the latest driver for your graphics card in this link: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download. Last thing to check are the RAM, reseat them to verify that it's seated correctly.

Hope this helps.

Solution