Sony Vaio Laptop Won't Boot into WIndows

Lainii87

Estimable
Sep 24, 2015
My Sony Vaio laptop will not boot into windows. I can get it go into safemode but on a regular start it will just hang and then restart. I have run startup repair several times - from my system and also from a windows cd - I have run all boot repair commands from the console also and nothing seems to work. Any advice would be much appreciated.Thanks!

Hi,

Try running a test with the HDD first in BIOS. Inside BIOS do a SMART extended test first to check the HDD. If checks out fine you might need to perform a Factory Reset with your laptop since the OS might be corrupted already. Here are some more troubleshooting steps you might want to try as well.
https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44356/c/65,66/

Lainii87

Estimable
Sep 24, 2015
Thank you for the reply LaptopNerd - I got into the BIOS as you suggested and I do not see any way to run a test from the BIOS -- guessing Sony has disabled a good bit of the bios so we can't alter it?

Lainii87

Estimable
Sep 24, 2015
I have also run a chkdsk /r/x - It took 2 days to complete. It did make a few file repairs but now when I try to boot up I am getting a new message from samrt disk talking about an imminent failure and to backup my data -- the rest of the messages are the same as before.