Sony Vaio PCG 61211M DEAD

Akerhage

Honorable
Aug 23, 2013
My fathers laptop (my old one) is now dead. My father said that the computer first started and then just shut it self down. And now when I got it to me it want even start. When pressing the power button nothing happends.

Can someone help me to maybe fix the problem? Or is it possible that the computer is fully broken?

Akerhage

Honorable
Aug 23, 2013
Posting some new information:
After leaving it for 2-3 hours and then plugged in the power supply I managed to get into windows a few seconds, then it shut downed.

I tryed later, first pressing power button 30s when everything was out (power,battery out)
and when it started this time I inserted the battery. I managed to get into windows a couple of minutes, and the battery seems to be charging. But still it just shuts down.

So when downed, I leave it as it was, with power and battery connected. Then tryed to start it again. I booted up in windows again, and the battery has gone from 9%-20% so it seems to be charging?

Still, even though the battery was at 20% (regarding windows) it shutted downed again, which seems strange if its a power supply fault?

I would appriciate it very much if someone can try to clear this for me.
Thanks!

Akerhage

Honorable
Aug 23, 2013
I really want some help guys, I have now applied new cooling paste on both cpu and gpu. I have checked that the charger gives me 19.5V and also checked the DC power jack, which also produces 19.5V. So no problem there. I have unmounted everything now, cleaned the fan (wasnt that dirty anyway). I have checked the CMOS battery to, giving me 2.4V, so its working.

I can start the computer for about 1-15min, then it dies. sometimes it doesnt even start. So I really dont know if its due to any warm-problems?

Can it be the cpu that is bad? I reallt dont wanna buy a new computer if its a easy fix, but also dont wanna buy a new cpu if thats not the problem. And to give it to a computerfixing company would be costly to I guess. And not worth it. So really want to fix it myself.