Sony Vaio turns off or won't wake up after being move

legokill101

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
My Sony Vaio laptop will sometimes turn off after being moved for no real reason as it can do this if i just move t a few inches over on my desk other time it will go to sleep but then not wake up forcing me to restart it, after turning it off it takes longer ten usual for the power button to respond. this mostly happens if the screen is open but can happen regardless it is less then two months old

Chowdary Cy

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
I had same problem with my sony vaio vgn nw20sf later I took the laptop to a professional repair centre and they told me my laptop is having heat problem for a long time and that caused the motherboard to become faulty. This is the reason behind restarts problem in sony vaio.

This sounds to me not to be heat related but to be a "shock detection" issue. Had the laptop been dropped (while on or off)? That will often cause the sensors to become overly sensitive.
At only 2 moths old, I would be in contact with Sony or the retailer about exchange/repair

Chowdary Cy,
The primary difference here is age. But heat is not an issue exclusive to Sony (or any other brand) laptops - the design of a laptop allows for very little thermal headroom so when vents get clogged (they will over time) cleaning and maintenance are necessary.(often disassembly is required to clean the heatsink(s) properly)
The time to correct issues is when they are first noticed, not after they become detrimental to the computer operation. I would suspect here (judging from the repair center's diagnosis) that your computer had shut down on it's own a number of times due to heat before you took it to the repair shop