ifreestylin

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
Today i notice when am rendering an video it stops about 60-70%, and it wont move, left it for an hour. CPU usage drops down and it just stops rendering. i did a little reading around and found out that disabling GPU acceleration works but than my video takes twice as long to render (30 mins-1h 40m) are there any other fix?

MeneerWitte

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012

:hello:

:non: I don't know the answer!

:eek:

:non:

But to be shore, you could give us the information about the free space of your HDD/SDD. When there isn't enough space, the program will not work or will not finish it's task. And how much is the size of the movie and converted, you still need space for buffering.

So, the next one might have the answer for you faster! :D

Did you check the temperature of the graphic cards?
Sometimes a computer needs to be cleaned on the inside. Before doing anything, look on the net for information about it. If you don't know how and what!

Hopefully I let you known enough and that you will find the answers you seek! :D

Good luck and have fun doing it! :D

Best Regards,

MeneerWitte

ifreestylin

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012

I have 50GB free on the HDD am rendering to and the recorded movie size is about 10GB but the the finished product is only 650MB. My PC is always clean i check it almost every week and i don't think my Graphics card is overheating but am a check to make sure

MeneerWitte

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012

Kindly I ask your attention. :D

Many thanks for your reply. If we can't work it out, another one can use the information for further research. I'll be waiting for your next reply.

It looks like you know your stuff, but I have to ask those silly questions to rule out some issues that might be found on the net, so we can look spend more time about other options.

I take your word for it, that you treed your system well!

Are the files for converting always that big, or is it only this time?

Did you do a driver update or whatever and/or installed something?

Any changes to your system at all?

Maybe a week or two before the issue happened?

Did you opened a strange emaill or something?

How is the condition of your HDD/SSD?

Could you be so kind and run a check, this for memory too please.
Not just with Windows applications, but free testers downloaded or you already have.

A little story of mine:

I had issues installing and it looked like the RAM wasn't good, and yes they where. What was strange, was that the memory slots didn't work either any more. After nearly a year I found the true reason it all went wrong, the power supply was broken. How would thought about that.
How did I find it out?
The system just stopped and after checking it, two blades where broken of the fan and stopped it from running. So, it got overheated for a long time.
I checked the web and they all say, here too, that unit was a very bad product.
The system was two years old and I had changed the power supply, RAM and now I have to do the main board. Next year and a new graphic card, guess the RAM too.

All I want to say is, that I will try to find it anywhere. I don't know anything about your stuff ad the moment. I have to look into it, you know, your hardware specs.

You don't have to rush for the answers, take your time!

Hopefully I let you known enough and that you will find the answers you seek! :D

Best Regards,

Meneerwitte

ifreestylin

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012

I know i had a problem with my ram couple weeks back, i couldn't run it at the rated speed(1866Mhz 9-9-9-24, 1.5 volts) my PC would just restart, i had to set it to 1600Mhz . i haven't done anything else to my PC but keep it nice and clean.

Here my Specs
Asus M5a97 R2.0
FX 6300 @4.4Ghz
XFX HD Radeon 7870 @1050/1250
Ram 8 GB 1866Mhz @!1600Mhz
Crosiar CX 430 Watt PSU
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus

MeneerWitte

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012

Kindly I ask your attention. :D

Do you still have a warranty for you computer?

What's the age of your computer and where all parts present?

Look for it if your not shore and ask if you like ad the retailer.

If you haven't created a total system backup and/or restore point.
Please do so! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

First checks:

Could you be so kind and check the System Files?

It's easy be done, it only will take some minutes. When it's done, put the file onto your desktop and check if everything has been verified.

It goes like this:

System File Checker - A great Windows fix tool.
If Windows 7 develops a problem it can often be fixed by running this utility. The sfc /scannow command (System File Checker) scans the integrity of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible.

It needs to be run from an Elevated Command Prompt.
Right click: "Command Prompt" in "Start Menu - Accessories".
Click: "Run as Administrator".
Click past the UAC Screen.
In the Command Prompt Type: sfc /scannow and press "Enter"

It might or might not need your Windows Installation Disk in case it needs to fix something. It will let you know if it does. I've seen it go both ways. It'll take a while.

If you get a message saying it couldn't fix some files you can find out which ones. When SFC runs, it logs it's actions to the C:\WINDOWS\LOGS\CBS\CBS.LOG.

Open the Elevated command prompt again.
Type in: findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt and press "Enter". This will place a sfcdetails.txt file on your desktop with the SFC scan details from the CBS.LOG.
Open the sfcdetails.txt and look for the unfixable entries.

The last time I ran this I found this entry.
"2009-08-09 13:16:27, Info CSI 000002db [SR] Unable to complete Verify and Repair transaction because some of the files that need to be repaired are in use. A reboot is required to complete this operation".

All I had to do was reboot to fix it. There were others that it was able to fix. I've had great luck running this utility on Windows 7 and Xp in the past.

Once we get Service Packs for W7 that will open up another issue but not until then. In order to run this on XP SP3 I had to make a Windows XP SP3 Slipstream Disk. It's not a problem on W7 now though. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

There's a lot of other info out there on this. You could google for it if you like.

When everything is correct, than there will be no use of doing it again.
If do so a System File error has been shown, than restart the system to let have the fixes have effect and do it again. If needed three times.

DON'T FORGET:

When you did the first check and you asked the Command Prompt to put the FSC report to the desktop, when you have to do it again, give the first report a different name, put a letter or cijfer to it. And so on.

Second:

Could you be so kind and do a dskchk?

Open Command Prompt and type chkdsk /F and press Enter.
The system will ask you if you want to do it ad the next boot, you will have the options Yes and NO. Just type Y and press Enter. Close the windows and reboot.

Thirth:

If you like, you could download Microsoft Fix it Center from Microsoft and give it a check.

Fourth:

Do you have any benchmark software?

Could you give me there names and version type please?

Get one for your disk, graphic card and memory, I don't know if there will be one for the main board.
I will look on the net too and let you known witch ones I found.

What the most important will be, is a system monitoring software, that can check the power use (Volts and Ampere) and records it all as long as the user wants. Well, it might not disturb the benchmark test.

I will have a look ad it on the net.

No matter what, I will ask the firm of your graphic card for some help too. I just give them the web address of your issue. So, they can take a look too. Unless you ask me to do not so!

Do you have another power supply with the same or more Watt's for a try?

If so, you don't have to take out the one is already in place. Just take out all the power cables and connect the once of the spare or lent from a friend to the system.
Just make shore that the connections are smooth and that you will make shore that the power supply get a good cooling.
Check the all the connections and RAM fits to be shore all is well and start the system. Give the conversion a try and all the checks with the self downloaded software.

Do you know the RAM brand?

I like to know it for checks on the net if you don't mind.

Today I will start looking for those hardware specs and issues on the net.

No need to hurry, I could use them some day this week. I have to look for those benchmark software too.

I know it's a lot of work, just do it and don't think about it. It could be to much, but the more we have checked for information we might need, the better the result might be. Hopefully something that can be fixed easy or very cheep!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I have a question that has nothing to do with this.

Do you use a register cleaner?

If so, for how long now?

I never used one and it seems that your system is running good without any errors, I might get one myself.

Best Regards,

MeneerWitte

PS:
:non: , no need to hurry! I prefer it's done proper, I will wait for your message!

MeneerWitte

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
I had that too, the same issues with the RAM. But it was set to standard of 200 MHz. The system rebooted and the BIOS showed me that it did reduce the speed. Not possible, but yeah! I only will be needing a new main board for a AMD Phenom II x6 1055. this time with USB3 and SATA 3, a M+ socket I guess.

MeneerWitte

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012

Kindly I ask your attention. :)

I just had a blue screen again and had the same answer. I messed around and fount that the RAM speed wasn't the speed of issue (????), the speed the BIOS was showing was, that it was set from 1333 to 800.
So, that might help with the issue.
I just need a new main board after all.

So, the FSB is the same, but the total clock speed has been reduced.

Look ad your BIOS for it.

If it's set to Automatic, set it manual to the speed you had it standard.

If the problem keeps happening, set it one speed value lower and find out.

Hopefully I let you known enough and that you will find the answers you seek! :)

Good luck and have fun doing it! :)

Best Regards,

MeneerWitte

Update:

Kindly I ask your attention. :)

When I was looking for answers inside the computer, because the message was that the positive and negative of some power value wasn't correct. I was leening on the case, while leening on the computer, the computer restarted. I pushed while leening to the left side and I shutdown that way the computer. So, I give it a real ferm push while the computer was shutdown, so it would stay that way. Restarted and never had any trouble yet!

Last year I had something falling on the body and needed to fix it. Guess not good enough. The service where it stands on, isn't straight too, so.....
If I push my computer, it will turn off. Has to do with connection and power supply.

I'm still looking your your error!

Good luck and have fun doing it! :)

Best Regards,

MeneerWitte