Sony Vegas Pro Crashes when rendering

thisguyneedshelp

Estimable
Oct 22, 2015
Hi

I have a problem with Sony vegas pro 11/12 (i tried it on both, and both have the same problem).
So when i render a ±10 minutes video (mp4) it always crashes at 79%,
i tried rendering a 5 minutes video with the same settings and it actually had no problems.
The error message i get is 'sony vegas pro has stopped working'. Here's what i did to solve the problem but none of them worked:

- I upgraded from win 7 to win 10 (64 bit)
- completely uninstalled all of my gpu drivers using DDU, and reinstalled them
- turned off gpu acceleration
- installed QuickTime player
- scanned pc using Norton (no viruses detected)
- reinstalled vegas pro
- ran as administrator

like i said none of these worked, here are my pc specs btw:

Q6600 oc @ 2.70 Ghz
Sapphire r7 260x 2gb ddr5
8Gb kingston ddr2 800mhz
abit aw9d max motherboard
corsair cx 430 psu

ps sorry if this is the wrong category

Solution
Try cleaning your ram and ram slots..and then try again, next bet is trying another psu. Cleaning your temp folder works wonders with video editing software also well cooled case and a clean cpu fan with no dry thermal paste on cpu.

zer0c00l587

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
Try cleaning your ram and ram slots..and then try again, next bet is trying another psu. Cleaning your temp folder works wonders with video editing software also well cooled case and a clean cpu fan with no dry thermal paste on cpu.

Solution

thisguyneedshelp

Estimable
Oct 22, 2015
Hey thanks for replying i totally forgot about this thread, i actually found a solution, i completely reinstalled windows 10 (which i did once before) but this time it actually worked. So far i haven't got problems with rendering, but if this happens again i'll try your methods, thanks.

zer0c00l587

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016

No problem, but after looking around other threads, gpu acceleration seems to be the root of the problem, video editing software like windows must be updated and like windows sometimes the updates cause issue but which nonetheless dictate that updates must be done. Just keep it in mind, hopefully you have no further issues.

Cheers.