Sony: We're Not Arrogant; Apple is Arrogant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wawa sxm

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
i'll agree with that apple is very arrogant and i find myself avoiding apple more then sony (total surprise to me, i would never have taught that years ago)

geeess

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
It must be Friday:
"I don't think we [Sony] are arrogant anymore. I think we can name a company that is a fruit that is in the news a lot about their arrogance. I think they have taken the mantle from us, if we were ever arrogant!"
Says the man about his company that just cut the value off all Fat PS3s in half.
The fruit - on the other hand starts out at twice the retail price.
I think there is little difference between the two.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Sony saying they aren't arrogant compared to Apple is like saying rape isn't that bad, only because murder is worse.

Sorry, but defending yourself by saying someone else is even worse than you is just lame...

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
A silly thing perhaps, but I chose HTC Desire over the X10 simply because the X10 doesn't have multi-touch (hardware issue prevents it apparently).

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
[citation][nom]geeess[/nom]It must be Friday: Says the man about his company that just cut the value off all Fat PS3s in half. The fruit - on the other hand starts out at twice the retail price.I think there is little difference between the two.[/citation]
The value of reselling a product isn't a measure of arrogance.

Your comment is an example of it though.

Sorax

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
This is the Pot Calling the Kettle Black. Either company can be either piece of cookware in the analogy. From time to time every company is arrogant. Just for Apple, that time seems to be coming more often lately.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
where does it say Sony calling Apple arrogant? Unless it says something in the full article, but I don't care to read it. They just say they're not as arrogant as other companies, and then they brag about outselling the iPhone in Japan.

After Apple's tumultuous history, I think they deserve to be arrogant now. Everyone wrote them off in the 90s and put money on them bankrupting at any time, but they kept rebounding and then tapped a fresh market like no other company could. Apple hate is pretty much tech envy from fanboys. If Microsoft or some other company were to release an exact copy of the iPad/iPhone/iPod with a different company logo, Apple haters would go crazy for it.

I think Microsoft is and always will be tops in arrogance.

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
[citation][nom]ct1615[/nom]when will people learn, apple products use old tech at new tech prices...[/citation]

Eh?

What old tech? The i5 or i7 CPU's, the trackpad, the unibody design, etc.? Wait, you must be referring to the OS built on the UNIX kernal. Apple may charge premium prices, but one thing they cannot be accused of is using antiquated components and designing antiquated devices. In fact, it would serve you well to research the 'firsts' that Apple has been responsible for in the computer industry since their inception.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Does that mean that Blackberry and Nokia have been dominating iPhone for as long as iPhones have existed?[/citation]

I think it does. The iphone got beat by the original curve. The curve are you kidding me. I am still using one and believe me they suck compared to the new stuff out. I am so glad that android is open. Just look at all the innovation that has happened within a year.

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
[citation][nom]Maxor127[/nom]Apple hate is pretty much tech envy from fanboys.[/citation]

No, I hate Apple because they are giving other companies the idea that locked in and crippled products are ok to produce if the package is slick enough.

I also feel pity for the iSheep for accepting that kind of treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.