Sony Working to Improve PSN Infrastructure Following ''External Intrusion''

Status
Not open for further replies.

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
And here come the random comments where people make sad attempts to bash on Sony for no reason whatsoever. Seriously, get over yourselves, because I'll bet my entire system that they're coming...

jasonh8806

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
First off, I love my PS3. Second, I think that the fact that there is an "external intrusion" on an online gaming network is sad. I'm going to guess that nothing was to be gained by the "hacker" at all. I think it's BS that POS so called "hackers" have to ruin things for other people b/c they don't have a life of their own besides just screwing things up for others. Seriously get a life...

Thank you to Sony for continuing to let your network be FREE unlike others.... cough Microsoft cough. I hope the problem is resolved as quickly as possible and this doesn't happen again.

jgalecio

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
I think this has more to do with a certain guy getting sued by Sony and that this guys posse is just keeping Sony's ego in check.

flaminggerbil

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
[citation][nom]jgalecio[/nom]I think this has more to do with a certain guy getting sued by Sony and that this guys posse is just keeping Sony's ego in check.[/citation]
Very weak attempt at justification, hope they get arrested.

jfby

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
Attacking Sony? The main thing I'm 'upset' with Sony about is lack of transparency about a time-table for a fix. Don't sugar coat; if it's going to take a month, say so. I'm sure they have many reasons not to give a timeline, but they shouldn't have guessed in the first place.

I haven't even used my PS3 for games in months but rather to watch Netflix, as I don't even have a premium cable package. No I don't pay for PSN, but I do pay for Netflix and my main avenue for that is down now.

Hopefully Sony fixes this and comes back stronger for it.

prabal34

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
This was probably a successful attempt to steal information such as credit cards for use on the black market/fraudulent use...

G

@jasonh8806 : Thank you to Sony for continuing to let your network be FREE unlike others.... cough Microsoft cough. I hope the problem is resolved as quickly as possible and this doesn't happen again.

I don't know, but I never had a downtime like this with M$... I prefer to pay for something that won't be offline for days...

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
[citation][nom]flaminggerbil[/nom]Very weak attempt at justification, hope they get arrested.[/citation]

Arrested??? Wow man you need to take a step back and think about that.

This is childs play compared the crimes that are commited in this world. How about we focus on murderers, rapists, gang violence? Or how about keeping dumbass drunk drivers/texting drivers off the roads, because thats KILLING families loved ones every day.

This is nothing but a protest by a group of people, and you can't deny that its mostly Sony's own fault. They should have implemented a more secure system from the get-go, and Suing Geo-hot was a terrible decision.

It's the same with any group of people. Take the fairly recent protest in London. If you anger a bunch of college students by raising annual tuition from $14,000 to $42,000, they will rage and protest. Should we arrest the 50,000 students who marched in protest because they got screwed over? Should we arrest the supporters of Geo-hot and hackers who wish to do as they please with their own property? No, we shouldn't, thats just fucking stupid.

I will add that I don't think Sony deserves this entirely, they have continued to keep the PSN free while the other side continues to charge. In the end, they should have never went after Geo-hot like that, because they could have avoided this whole situation.

G

Lets face it. Everything who actually believes that the PSN is down due to an external intrusion, I advice you to open your eyes and try to wake up. The real reason its down is because they are implementing new security to prevent any consoles that have been or were using any type of jailbreak to get online.

flaminggerbil

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
[citation][nom]amk09[/nom]Arrested??? Wow man you need to take a step back and think about that. This is childs play compared the crimes that are commited in this world. How about we focus on murderers, rapists, gang violence? Or how about keeping dumbass drunk drivers/texting drivers off the roads, because thats KILLING families loved ones every day.This is nothing but a protest by a group of people, and you can't deny that its mostly Sony's own fault. They should have implemented a more secure system from the get-go, and Suing Geo-hot was a terrible decision. It's the same with any group of people. Take the fairly recent protest in London. If you anger a bunch of college students by raising annual tuition from $14,000 to $42,000, they will rage and protest. Should we arrest the 50,000 students who marched in protest because they got screwed over? Should we arrest the supporters of Geo-hot and hackers who wish to do as they please with their own property? No, we shouldn't, thats just fucking stupid.I will add that I don't think Sony deserves this entirely, they have continued to keep the PSN free while the other side continues to charge. In the end, they should have never went after Geo-hot like that, because they could have avoided this whole situation.[/citation]

Yeah by saying that I was implying we should let all the rapists go free and lock up these guys instead.

Fucking.
Retard.

bfstev

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
Ive heard of multiple people now getting massive fraudulent charges on their credit cards that were associated with their PSN account. Check your CC statement as you may need to cancel it, and just use prepaid from now on. This doesnt appear to be a "for the lulz" hack, this looks like a credit card number "for the bread$" hack.

firvagor

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2010
Cows must have something against this article because one just popped out from the side of the screen and took a milky piss all over it.

WTF, La Creme ad?

G

I fail to understand how anyone can say they want to go to xbox live just because PSN is down a few days. Live has been down for a few extended periods in the past, but even if Live was better than PSN in terms of reliabality (instead of around equal as it currently is), is it really worth the ~$400 (assuming you renew the cheapest way (yearly) and only play online for 8 years total. Infinite fees get nasty pretty quickly...) just for a few days of service?

It's too bad for those that may have had information stolen, but that sort of thing happens to large companies and websites all the time, and there really isn't much that can be done about it, as one company is generally just as likely to be targeted as the next.

bill gates is your daddy

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]jgalecio[/nom]I think this has more to do with a certain guy getting sued by Sony and that this guys posse is just keeping Sony's ego in check.[/citation]

I am so with you on this one.

take one whiny corporation + frivolous lawsuit = entire network cratered for a week

Coincidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.