Sony XBR 65 850B Input question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMorr50912

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015
When I first got my TV and got everything hooked up I was pleasantly surprised to find it would automatically switch between inputs. If I was watching my Satellite and turned on my PS3 or DVD player the tv would automatically change inputs. When I turned off the PS3 or DVD player it would then go back to Satellite with no other action by me. I had a problem with my Netflix not loading and was advised by Sony support to do a factory reset. This fixed my Netflix issue but now I have to manually change inputs with the remote. Does anyone know what setting needs to be changed to get this feature back? Nothing I've tried seems to make any difference. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

RMorr50912

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015
Yeah thats in the menu but it's no longer an available option. It's shaded out and I can't select it. It worked like I said right out of the box so how do I get it back? It's just a really convenient feature.

RMorr50912

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015
There is no HDMI settings in my channels/inputs section. The only thing I have is Bravia Sync settings and it says feature not available in current mode when I try to select it. I really appreciate you trying to help by the way. Thanks.

I have little to no experience with Sony products but the CEC is self explanatory the only difference is that manufacturers name their sync mode different. When you press the SYNC MENU button it should display on screen what devices are currently in sync, or the "auto" mode, whichever you prefer. Here is what http://www.sony-asia.com/ says

"The control for HDMI settings must be set on both the TV side and connected equipment side."

Now if that reset you did reset everything TV side then it should be as easy as turning it on again, by pressing the play button on the remote while the device you want to sync to is on. Try this, Home -> Settings -> HDMI Set up -> Control for HDMI (ON)

Now what that looks like I'm not quite sure, I'm going by the manual.

RMorr50912

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015
Sorry for the delay in posting. I finally got fed up with it and decided to do another factory reset. I turned on all my devices and then did the reset. Everything showed up in the Bravia Sync menu after that and now it's back to working like it used to. Thanks for the input. I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future.

Apr 30, 2018
I know this is several years too late, but I figured there may still be others who are encountering this issue. :??:

I had the same problem so I decided to go through every single setting to try to fix this and found that the culprit was a setting under "Preferences" named "RS232C Control" which was turned on. The description under it is "Additional RS232C functionality."
:bic:I turned this feature off and suddenly Bravia Sync was no longer grayed out and it was functional once more. And the TV now connects to/ controls all the devices its compatible with!

Hope this helps anyone else who runs into this issue! :wahoo:

Reactions: freeluv
Status
Not open for further replies.