Apr 5, 2007
Pitfall, Frogger, & River Raid on Atari 2600
Dig Dug & Pole Position on Atari 400
Zelda and Duck Hunt on SNES
Resident Evil and FF7 on Playstation

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
well that's what it was a PSX and it was great for it's time. I remember standing in line for like 6 Hrs at Toy's R US, I almost didn't get one and the next batch in wasn't going to be for 60 days, that was like life or death back then. As it turned out i have been a Playstation Junkie to date, I have tried Xbox but doesn't compare at all to PS2 or PS3. I also remember the Sega Saturn which i thought was the real first 3D gameing console. My Brother has his sons PSX here under the desk with 5 games, we might have to fire it up one more time , just for old time sakes...................

Socnom

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2008
I have access to all 3 versions of the PS, but the PS is my favorite by far. Lots of memories playing Grand Turismo, Xenogears, Breath of Fire III. Too bad developers do not make great games like those anymore.

I gave my xbox360 away to a family with 9 children. I needed to stop playing video games!!! Addiction Feels so good when it is Electronic.

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
I have to confess, when I was 14 I so very ignorant of Sony and dismissed the PS1 as another 3DO or Neo Geo and thought it would get blown away by the Sega Saturn. God was I wrong.

szymek

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2008
I grew up playing pc, never really like any consoles. Really, pcs are more universal, I don't know why people buy ps3. Maybe games are better but still pc is a better option for me.

sundm001

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2009
It was a big debut for Sony. After the rivalry between Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo everyone was wondering what was next. (SNES was my choice) After Sega CD came out and the commendable effort from Sega Saturn there were hints at a CD based platform that was not an add-on from what was supposed to be a Nintendo/Sony partnership continuing from when Sony provided some hardware for Nintendo systems. When the rumors of a SNES-CD stopped and Playstation emerged I held my breath. Would the beloved cartridge loaded games be replaced? What was with the CD load times?!? I knew this was going to change console games forever, especially when BIG developers like Squaresoft who became Square Enix moved over to the new platform and the rest is history. Happy 15th Playstation!

bsteph1989

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
got it for my birthday when i was 9, first two games...2 Xtreme Racing, and the origianl Tekken, then twisted metal and all it's cheat codes

sidran32

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
I have a lot of games, and still want to get more for my Playstation. It's my favorite system of all time and I still play it. Just yesterday I had Twisted Metal 4 going on it.

rodney_ws

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
My fondest PS1 memory is so far above and beyond the other memories that I really only have this one... my then-gf bought me Mortal Kombat 3 for it and we were sitting at home one night playing it and she looked at me and said "Let's play strip Mortal Kombat!" Man what I'd give to be that age again!

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
Atari 2600 - Frogger; Combat; Yar's Revenge
Atari 5200 - River Raid; Miner 2049'er; Star Raiders
NES - Zelda; Metroid; Rygar;
Super Nintendo - Mariokart; Zelda; Super Metroid
Nintendo 64 - Mario, Zelda
Playstation - Gran Turismo; 007
Playstation 2 - More Gran Turismo; SSX
Game Cube - Mario; Zelda; Metroid Prime (notice a pattern here?)
Playstation 3 - Warhawk; Little Big Planet; COD4

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
I started on the SNES and them my brothers and I pooled our $ together for a PS1. First game, Einhander! Was amazing x10 compared to the only SNES 3D game I owned Star Fox. I still own and play my PS library as well as buy games that I was meaning to buy but never got around to buying when I see them in second hand shops.

G

my bro got a NES when i was 5 played duckhunt (that orange gun kicked asssssssssss! hahaha) then, a super Nintendo around 1997 played TONS of super mario on it! then came the N64 i think around 1999 played DukeNukem: Zero hour, Zelda, Rainbow 6, and still one of the most fun games ever made, SUPER SMASH BROS!!!!!

tortnotes

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009
[citation][nom]dhowie[/nom]crash bandicootjumping flashresident evil 1 and 2 good times :][/citation]

Jumping Flash.. good memories. Playstation was my first console, but I played a couple of games on PC too. Test Drive, anyone?

[citation][nom]djcoolmasterx[/nom]This is the PSX. Anyone refering to the original PlayStation as a PSX is to be shot on sight.[/citation]
During development the internal name for the console was PlayStation eXperimental. SCEA originally wanted to call the console PSX, and the first promotional materials used this name... so the term "PSX" was used for years before Sony introduced the DVR console thing that nobody ever heard about in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS