SOS: SD and ghost folders

karinshibata

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017
Hello,

Lumix G3 / Toshiba Cards SDHC 16GB & 32 GB

First case

1. I open the card as usual on my PC H: \ DCIM> 106 ....
2. I realize after several days that there are missing "folders" (like 104, 105....)
3. Recovery with Recuva (worked except for some old photos)

It seems the new photos erased my older ones without notice.

Second case

1. So, I take another SD card
2. And after taking somer photos, I can only see this 106 folder again !!! and the other folders dissapeared (104,105...)
3. The old photos are still on the card and can be read directly on the camera but not on PC, MAC or via USB camera

The card is not even half full, I don't understand.

Do you have an advice or an explanation ?
I buy your products for their reability and love them. But there is something strange.

No virus after few scannings.

Thank you in advance

Solution
You likely moved or deleted those folder at some time.

But here is the place where you screwed up. DO NOT KEEP PHOTOS ON THE SD CARD. Not ever. After every session, you MOVE the photos to your PC. You place the photos on 2 disks or 1 disk and a cloud service. Then you FORMAT the SD card in the camera.

As for buying my cards... This is not Toshiba. You've bought nothing here.

best practices are called this because it is the smart way to go. I strongly urge you to not treat a flimsy and unreliable SD card as a vault.

bjornl

Estimable
You likely moved or deleted those folder at some time.

But here is the place where you screwed up. DO NOT KEEP PHOTOS ON THE SD CARD. Not ever. After every session, you MOVE the photos to your PC. You place the photos on 2 disks or 1 disk and a cloud service. Then you FORMAT the SD card in the camera.

As for buying my cards... This is not Toshiba. You've bought nothing here.

best practices are called this because it is the smart way to go. I strongly urge you to not treat a flimsy and unreliable SD card as a vault.

Solution

karinshibata

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017
Thank you very much Bjornl for taking of your time to write back your precious advices !
So true. I made a test and the photos are going in trash (how I don't know) but without notice. So other photos write on them.
I trusted SD too much ! :sarcastic: