Sound and FPS problem on a high end laptop

Momo Lens-Pitt

Estimable
Aug 23, 2014
Alright so I just got myself a brand new high end laptop and I downloaded four games; Tera Rising, Starcraft 2, Dota 2 and League of Legends. With my specs I should EASILY be able to play them all with at LEAST the graphics set to high very smoothly, but it is not the case. They all run smoothly in general but suffer from very frequent fps drops, even if I lower the graphics. Also, two of them (Dota and Starcraft) suffer from a sound fluctuation problem. All of the game's musics/sound effects are very choppy, kinda like if you plugged your headphones halfway through. Occasionally, the sound will go 'normal', but never for more than like 5 secs.
Here are my specs:
Toshiba Satellite S50-B-024
i7 2.0GHZ
8Go of ram
Windows 8.1

Feel free to ask for more specific information on my system or on the problem itself. Thanks in advance!

G

A Laptop model, your OS, RAM Size and processor generations aren't specs.

if you don't even have an integrated/dedicated GPU I wonder how'd you even get a GUI to work

about the sound: if there are no speakers nor sound card I am wondering how'd you even manage to make it work (even though it is choppy)

G

Anyway, taking http://www.amazon.ca/Toshiba-Satellite-S50-B-024-Generation-Integrated/dp/B00L73LK3A 's specs into account, yeah, you should be able to play most of these games in moderated settings, try updating your drivers and lowering settings enough for fps to stay at >= 60 (just to be sure internet connection isn't an issue...). About sound, try uninstalling sound drivers and let windows automatically find some, windows does a good job with it. Windows's automatic sound drivers are better in my old acer than realtek's

Momo Lens-Pitt

Estimable
Aug 23, 2014
Sorry if what I just put down aren't specs, I just looked at my reciept and wrote down all I could see. I could be more specific if I knew where to find my exact specs in windows 8. Anyways, the problem is clearly not only with the sound as the computer I had before was a 2008 tower that had like a nvidia gefore 9800Gt (a graphics card that wasn't bad, 6 years ago) and half the ram I've got now could run league at high settings without any fps drop. With my new computer, I never get over 45 fps and I get veeeery frequent fps drops (like 19-21 fps).

G

Do a fresh windows reinstall, It's impossible for me to help you this way with very little information and even if I could I'd still suggest a fresh windows reinstall.

what does your GPU have to do with sound tho?

also if it's overheating the system may or may not throttle itself to avoid system damage and unexpected shutdowns