Solved! sound bar/cable problem

Nov 14, 2018
I have a Panasonic smartvera flat screen tv, Zvox 205 sound bar, and a Motorola cable receiver from Spectrum (my provider) I hooked up the new sound bar to the tv via the toslink fiber optic cable per Zvox instructions and it worked perfectly. However, later I was not able to turn off the system and got an error on the screen stating "no signal, check connection..etc". Completely disconnecting the sound bar made no difference. After some minutes, a "702" signal came up on the tv screen and I had to unplug the cable power to reboot the system. Connecting the sound bar to the tv with minijack analog cables and red and white RCA jack cables had the same results; reboot the cable system. Anyone have an idea?

Solution
Any error messages you get on the TV screen has nothing to do with the soundbar. It doesn't have video outputs.
Call Spectrum cable. Problem is either the box or the cable system. They can troubleshoot some problems over the cable while you are on the phone with them.
Nov 14, 2018
americanaudiophile: thanks for your response. It was completely logical and reasonable. We had the cable company replace the old cable box this morning. Once it was working, I asked the Tech about the sound bar hookup. Although his company would not let him do it, his explanation was exactly the way I had done it with the fiber optic cable and the results were the same. I now have a very expensive door stop that looks like a sound bar.