Sound blaster cinema 2 no supported audio device,

Dylaso

Estimable
Sep 1, 2015
Hi i own a Msi GT72 2QE, and it came included with soundblaster cinema 2, i updated to windows 10, and it froze and other stuff, msi is not supporting soundblaster cinema 2 or windows 10 on this laptop

What drivers is supported by sound blaster cinema 2, windows 8.1?

Sound Blaster is software provided by Creative for making adjustments to audio properties. The software isn't supported by a driver; it supports the audio driver (in a sense).

Since MSI is not supporting Windows 10 on your model, you can really only rely on the drivers Microsoft provides for Windows 10. Some Windows 8.1 drivers for your model might work for Windows 10, but no guarantee.

noel_prg_la1979

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018
sorry to revive this old thread but here's my input:

the manufacturer (Microstar International Inc.) switched partners to Nahimic after offering updated late 2015 BIOSes for certain MSI laptops like the GT72 2QE; seems like MSI ended their partnership with Creative Labs. The newer BIOSes have dropped support for sound blaster cinema 2 and will only work with the Nahimic audio software when using newer realtek audio drivers.

when using Win10 on the GT72 2QE (there ARE available Win10 compatible Realtek audio drivers but include Nahimic instead), only the Nahimic audio software can be used on Win10 and the sound blaster cinema 2 software can no longer recognize the onboard Realtek audio chip on that laptop.

if the GT72 2QE laptop's BIOS version was updated to a Win10 compatible (and late 2015) version OR if using newer realtek audio drivers, it's too late and Win10 users will be forced to use the nahimic audio enhancer program with the newest realtek audio drivers.

the only way for sound blaster cinema 2 to be used on the GT72 2QE with Windows 10 installed is to actually downgrade the BIOS to an early 2015 release, use older realtek drivers (maybe no greater than v6.0.1.7495) and then try to run the SBCinema2 program to get it to recognize the onboard realtek device.

edit: here's a very important thread in the MSI forum on how to run the sound blaster cinema 2 program under windows 10:
https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=260852.0