Sound Blaster Control Panel Won't Show Profiles

tom.beverly

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017
I'm hoping someone has run into this problem before. My Creative Sound Blaster Roar speaker has worked great on my computer for months. I use SBX Profiles to tweak sound quality in Sound Blaster Control Panel. A couple of days ago, the profiles just disappeared. Control Panel shows the speaker is connected, and it plays sound basic Windows quality, but I can't get to the profiles. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the whole mess of files and drivers a few times, including a manual cleaning of registry entries. Nada. Control panel works fine with my speaker on the other computer. This is a Win10 desktop and SB Roar SR20A speaker. I confirmed with Creative tech support that I'm using the latest drivers and software, but they've been useless other than that. Thoughts?

Solution
What version of Windows 10?

Any recent updates/upgrades?

Can you try the speaker on another system?

Have you installed any other applications that have some audio requirements? May be that doing so pre-empted the existing profiles.

Unfortunately (per the cynic in me), all too many applications want to be the "one ring" and could not care less about what ever else they may do when installed.

Just go ahead and recreate the SBX profiles and watch. See if they remain intact and functional.

A one time "loss" may have been a bug or some accident. However, if they keep disappearing then you will need to dig even deeper.

What version of Windows 10?

Any recent updates/upgrades?

Can you try the speaker on another system?

Have you installed any other applications that have some audio requirements? May be that doing so pre-empted the existing profiles.

Unfortunately (per the cynic in me), all too many applications want to be the "one ring" and could not care less about what ever else they may do when installed.

Just go ahead and recreate the SBX profiles and watch. See if they remain intact and functional.

A one time "loss" may have been a bug or some accident. However, if they keep disappearing then you will need to dig even deeper.

Solution