Sound BlasterX g5 vs E5 question and a sonic dac as well. 4 pole mic input question as well?

xraulb

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017
Does anyone know if using the g5 and the E5 would reproduce the same audio quality? without any added effects.

because the G5 is cheaper and does not have feature that i dont need like the built in battery/mic/ or bluetooth. (well maybe the bluetooth would have be nice)

also if anyone has of those above plus a Syba Sonic SD-DAC63057 ...how does the audio quality stacks up?

is there a reason you may want a separate plug for headphones and mic? because one of the main reason i am looking at the g5 is because of that two in one port.

Solution
The Sound Blasters are both the same sound hardware, you are just paying for the extra features.

Why would you need a Syba Sonic DAC with the Sound Blaster? The Sound Blaster has a build in DAC and AMP that are superior as far as signal to noise goes. I can't find anything on frequency response on the Sound Blaster. However, with a superior SNR I can't see Creative dropping the ball on frequency response.

Yes, there is a good reason for having a separate mic and headphone jack... but only if you are using completely separate headphones and mic. Crosstalk. When you have two conductors carrying a signal so close together there is a much greater chance that through the magic of inductance (ok it isn't magic, it is magnetic fields) you...

justin.m.beauvais

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017
The Sound Blasters are both the same sound hardware, you are just paying for the extra features.

Why would you need a Syba Sonic DAC with the Sound Blaster? The Sound Blaster has a build in DAC and AMP that are superior as far as signal to noise goes. I can't find anything on frequency response on the Sound Blaster. However, with a superior SNR I can't see Creative dropping the ball on frequency response.

Yes, there is a good reason for having a separate mic and headphone jack... but only if you are using completely separate headphones and mic. Crosstalk. When you have two conductors carrying a signal so close together there is a much greater chance that through the magic of inductance (ok it isn't magic, it is magnetic fields) you will get signal from one wire bleeding over onto the other one. That makes for a noisy signal.

Hope that helps... we don't get enough audio questions. I like them.

Solution

xraulb

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017

Why would you need a Syba Sonic DAC with the Sound Blaster?

- i was asking for the sound quality between them to compare not that i was planning to use them together :D.

on the cross talk, so if my headset does not do this than its ok i just use one plug. cross in my setup that i plan to do is the following.

PC, Yeti (mic usb)

G5 to gather two sounds sources (PC/Console)

said headset with a mic (hyper X alpha is the one i planned on getting or simple get a mic for my shp9500) (kinda thinking of getting a close back to have an open or close depending on my wants)

the yeti is for my pc, the headset mic will be for the console, the g5 is to funnel both audio into said headset.

on why i ask about the "Cross talk" is because i planned on having the g5 under my table where i can simple see the volume nub. i like to keep things as clean as possible so one cable for the mic/headset is much better than two long cables hanging to the floor lol.

justin.m.beauvais

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017
Oh, my bad. I misread the intent there. Yeah Sound Blaster all the way. My bad.

If you don't mind the possibility of crosstalk then you can use an all in one headset, and really that low level of noise from a headset means nothing unless you are doing studio work or you notice it. As long as it isn't noticeable it won't be an issue.

I see where you are coming from there. It is much nicer to use one headset and call it good. I don't think you'll have any noise issues. Like I said, I thought you might have been trying to do something akin to studio work, recording a band or something. As far as gaming goes, if there is any noise, there will be so much else going on that you won't notice it.

xraulb

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017

alright thanks for the information,