Sound Card help

scorlingonzalez100

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017
i have a sound card that has a bunch of dts technology xonar dsx by asus and so i was wondering if i lost any performance by connecting to pc via spdif since the card and my speakers are dts supported. i have the Logitech z906. i am tempted to use the actual aux connection from the sound card so i can use the card to its potential but dts sounds tempting i want the best possible audio experience so i ask what is recommended in my case

scorlingonzalez100

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017

ok will do so.. but just a quick few short questions if you dont mind:

my motherboard does not have dts so will i see a performance boost in quality by using the dts enabled sound card since i head that nothing matters if you use an optical connection?

will i not benifit from the sound cards features by using spdif since all the processing is done by the surround sound dac?

isn't a sound card'd dac better than logitech dac since these are relatively low priced speakers?

and last

in other words i just bought a video card to have DTS encoding so my speaker can Decode the signal correct??

i may seem like i know a bit but i really dont all this is a bit frustrating rather than confusing because i alway read that dts is inferior to uncompressed audio but yet i like dts more so am been reluctant on setting it to a digital connection and also i wanted to use some of the sound card's feature since it has a good overall rating

scorlingonzalez100

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017

ok i appreciate your input on all this, i will lisend to you and stick to digital since i do enjoy the sound a bit better (i think) till i find information that leads me to analog. thank you very much for your time and help, have a good day bro.