I have a Lenovo Y50 And am trying to connect my sound to my VX228 LCD Monitor. It was working fine earlier but the problem is this: I set it up and turn it on everythings fine. it goes on like this for a month or so until I come in and turn it on. My volume has a red x next to the volume icon. I trouble shoot the problem and it still doesnt work and seems like it is worse.
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving that issue.
- Start by uninstalling/reinstalling the sound card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the sound driver.
- Reboot your laptop once uninstalled and it should automatically reinstall the driver.
- If it doesn't, download and install the latest sound driver from Lenovo's Support site.
- Here's the link: http/support.lenovo.com/ph/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-y-series-laptops/y50-70-notebook-lenovo
- After installing the driver, make sure that your monitor is set as the default Playback Device.
- Do test it again after setting all things up.