SmallOh5

Estimable
Aug 26, 2015
Hey community,

I have an Hp Envy Touchsmart 15-j067cl and recently gave my laptop an upgrade to windows 10. And ever since the sound has been coming thru my speaker and my headphones. This is really annoying as you can understand. I have tried this solution:

control panel ->hardware and sounds->Realtek HD Audio Manager and then you do some other stuff.

This solution has helped a lot of people but since my hp laptop is supported by Beats audio i don't get the Realtek HD Audio Manager option, i get a Beats audio control panel. And i haven't found the solution in there so that is why i'm here now. I really need your help.

Solution
There should be a little speaker icon on the bottom right (if it isn't there click on the upward arrow and click 'Customize" it should expand the view. then go to the volume icon and change it shows the icon). Right click on the speaker icon and click on Playback devices. Left click on the device you want to listen to and click 'Set Default'. Alot of people jumped on the windows 10 bandwagon and not all of the bugs have been worked out, sound issues being a big one right now.
There should be a little speaker icon on the bottom right (if it isn't there click on the upward arrow and click 'Customize" it should expand the view. then go to the volume icon and change it shows the icon). Right click on the speaker icon and click on Playback devices. Left click on the device you want to listen to and click 'Set Default'. Alot of people jumped on the windows 10 bandwagon and not all of the bugs have been worked out, sound issues being a big one right now.

Solution

imrazor

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
You don't mention if you downloaded new drivers after upgrading to Win10. If you visit hp.com and look up your laptop model, you might be able to find some Win10 drivers that will help.