Sound cuts out on my Sharp TV when connected to Acer laptop....

Syghe

Commendable
Apr 23, 2016
The sound on my Sharp Tv cuts out when when connected to my Acer laptop via HDMI. started happening all of a sudden a couple weeks ago, happens all the time now, Tested HDMI cable and its is fine. I dont know if its the tv or my laptop because a few different things may temporarily fix it, not all work everytime, 1. restart computer 2. restart tv 3. unplug and replug HDMI cable. the last one seems to work most often. Running sound through laptop speakers for now frustrating cause the sound is such a lower quality. Any Ideas?

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps and test that may help.
- Start by running a test with your TV, play a movie or music with your TV using a regular player connected thru HDMI.
- If the sound will not cut off with your TV connected to a regular player, do proceed with troubleshooting the laptop.
- First is to do a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics card driver.
- Next is to also check Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to the graphics card.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver from the manufacturer site. (AMD, Intel or Nvidia)
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- And lastly, do also uninstall/reinstall the Sound card driver.
- Go to Device Manager again and uninstall the Sound card driver.
- Reboot the laptop once uninstalled and it should reinstall automatically.
- If all these will not work do reinstall Windows.

Syghe

Commendable
Apr 23, 2016
Wow, ok . I will try all the steps you recommend . Hopefully its drivers that can be fixed on my laptop and not my TV.
thank you very much for your help.

TRENDING THREADS