Sound Dropouts in Hometheater

axo0oxa

Commendable
May 12, 2016
I am using a Samsung Smart TV with ARC to an Emotiva RM-100 processor. I am using Samsung's "smart box" in between the two. From this box to the TV I use Samsung's special cable to connect to the TVs Arc connection. From the box I go HDMI to my Emotiva's HDMI ARC connection. Then from the cable box I go to the Emotiva's HDMI 1 and all my interconnects go to amplifiers and from the amps I connect to the speakers. My problem is two fold. First I get sound drop outs not video just sound. Second when the station switches between the program and commercials which have different audio setting like 5.1 to 2 channel there is a momentary sound drop out which I assume is HDMI reconnecting to the new sound arrangement. The first issue is the worst but then second is just as annoying.

axo0oxa

Commendable
May 12, 2016

Thanks for the suggestion however I do not believe I can by-pass using the Samsung Smart Box to the TV due to the TV having a proprietary "HDMI" plug that plugs into both the TV and the Smart Box. The TV does not accept a standard HDMI plug. In addition the TV has a number of "smart" function that I use such as Netflix, Amazon Prime etc which the Emotiva does not include or access. As mentioned the biggest stumbling block is the proprietary HDMI plug which necessitates the use of the Smart Box. I was thinking that maybe I have a defective HDMI cable from the "smart" box to my Emotiva (which is a standard HDMI cable) or that my Verizon connection is not a strong solid signal or there is something defective with the Emotiva processor and/or the HDMI Arc in connection on the Emotiva. When I go from my Oppo to the Emotiva and then to the TV I do not have this problem, with either Blue Ray movies or CDs. It is just the Verizon cable box to the Emotiva to the TV connection that seems to give me the problem. This leads me to believe it could be a cable company issue?