Sound Dull after Windows Update

iamthewiggy

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
Hi All

I have an Asus X555U laptop that I have had for about 18 Months. It has been working fine however after the latest Windows 10 update - about 2 days ago - the sound has gone dull and quiet.

I have since reset the laptop to factory settings (which has improved overall speed as it was starting to get a bit slow but not changed the sound) I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Realtek driver, I have replaced the speakers all to no avail.

Seleting the loudness enhancer has improved things a bit but there is still clearly a problem. Without speakers it was previously loud enough to listen to music in the entire room. With speakers, about half volume was suffient to play games with rather loudly. Now at 3/4 volume it sounds like im listening to it with my ears slightly blocked type of thing.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Curtis

iamthewiggy

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017

Fair Enough. Hadn't realised. Still rather frustrating that no one can offer any advice. Ive tried all the obvious stuff like drivers and speakers etc.

RobertLainsley484

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017

Hello, Curtis. I've had the same problem with my Toshiba laptop. I've solved this problem by updating the sound driver to it's latest version. Have you tried that yet?